Condors Sign C Gino Guyer
Bakersfield, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors, official ECHL affiliate of the Anaheim Ducks, have signed C Gino Guyer, who joins the team in time for this week's road trip to Alaska.
Guyer, 26, hails from Coleraine, Minnesota, and has played three professional seasons, primarily in the ECHL. Hampered by injury in 2006-07 and 2007-08, Guyer spent the majority of his pro career with the Phoenix RoadRunners, while also playing in parts of two seasons with the Alaska Aces. His best statistical season was 2007-08 when he put up 14 goals and 42 points in 58 games. Last season with the RoadRunners he matched his career best for goals and had 38 points in 71 contests.
From 2002-2006, Guyer (at right, with the WCHA regular season championship trophy) played for the storied University of Minnesota Golden Gophers, winning a National Championship in 2003. He racked up 40 goals and over 100 points at Minnesota, and missed just four games during his college career, all attributed to his stint with Team U.S.A. at the World Junior Championships in 2003. Guyer served as Team Captain his senior season, and also took home the team's "Doc" Romnes Leadership and Sportsmanship Award and the Donald Clark Community Service Award that same season.
A 5th round draft pick of the Dallas Stars in 2003, Guyer turned pro after completing his senior season with the Gophers, and skated in four games with the Philadelphia Phantoms in the American Hockey League. He also appeared briefly with the Texas Wildcatters in the ECHL in 2006-07.
What Marty Raymond says:
"Gino is an energetic guy that works hard and finishes checks and he has speed as well. He fits into the mold of the guys we have here, he has great character and we're happy to have him in Bakersfield."
Condors release Fisher
The Bakersfield Condors also announced today the release of D Shaun Fisher. Fisher had skated in 11 games, recording five assists, while leading the team in penalty minutes (26). He played in his 500th professional game last Thursday in Las Vegas.
The Condors take to the road for a pair of games in Alaska against the Aces on Friday and Saturday. Bakersfield then returns home for a 10:30 a.m. matinee contest on Tuesday, Nov. 18 against the Ontario Reign for the annual Businessperson's Special/Field Trip Day Game, sponsored by My 45, HOT 94.1 and Department of Public Health.
All Condors games can be heard live on ESPN 1230, or through live streaming on B2 Networks and www.bakersfieldcondors.com.
Season Ticket and mini-plans, starting at just $42, are on sale now. Fans can make Condors season tickets even more affordable by using Extended AutoPay, which is a program that allows you to spread your payments out through February, 2010. Purchase discounted tickets when you bring a group of 20 or more out to a Condors game. Stop by the Condors office or call 324-PUCK (7825) for remaining seat availability.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2009
- Royals Fall In Wild Finish In Johnstown, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- South Carolina Stings Trenton, 6-3 - Trenton Devils
- Everblades Gut Walleye 6-1 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Cool Off Devils 6-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Press Release: Jackals Loan Justin Donati To Portland - Elmira Jackals
- Condors Sign C Gino Guyer - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Matt Dalton Assigned To Reading - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Goaltender Brust Loaned to Blades; D-Man Kinley Traded to Wheeling - Florida Everblades
- Former NHL'er Joins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Announce Roster Moves - Wheeling Nailers
- James Bates Recalled To Springfield - Stockton Thunder
- Walleye Add Bryan Ewing - Toledo Walleye
- Beauchemin Returns From AHL, Nastiuk Released - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Have Cashman Recalled, Jozsa Returned - Cincinnati Cyclones
- MeiGray Group Accepting Orders For 2009-10 ECHL Game-Worn Jerseys - ECHL
- Game Preview: Rays At Trenton Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Salmon Kings Sign Jimmy Sharrow - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Engelland, O Marra Raise ECHL Players In NHL To 417 - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Ink D-Man Salekin - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Going Green With The Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ellis Gets Early Morning Wake Up Call - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Condors Knock Off Stockton 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Pitton's 36 Saves Falls Shy, Pokulok Nets Game-Winner - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Nipped By Grizzlies, 3-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Battle For 3-2 Win In Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bakersfield Condors Stories
- Game Preview: Condors Host San Jose at 6 p.m. on AHLTV
- Game Preview: Condors Host Henderson at 6 p.m. on Facebook Watch and AHLTV
- Condors Host Henderson Friday in AHL Facebook Watch Game of the Week
- Condors April Game Worn, Signed Jersey Raffle Is Live
- Condors Games in Colorado Postponed