Grizzlies Battle For 3-2 Win In Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada - The Utah Grizzlies improved to 6-3 on the season with a 3-2 win over Las Vegas at the Orleans Arena Tuesday night. Goaltender Mitch O'Keefe stopped 27 of 29 shots in the game to improve to 2-1.
James Sixsmith (two assists) and AJ Perry (one goal, one assist) each had multiple-point nights for the Grizzlies as the ECHL's leading goal and point scorer Ryan Kinasewich was held scoreless for just the second of nine contests this year.
The Grizzlies never trailed in the game, striking first as Perry knocked in a rebound for his second goal of the year at 13:11 of the first period. Las Vegas tied the game up at one 13:35 into the second period, but Utah responded just 2:31 later as Jason Dale (2) knocked home a rebound as Utah crashed the net in scrappy fashion.
Utah added insurance 5:44 into the third period as they held the puck in following a strong rush before Tim Maxwell fired home his first goal of the year from the high-slot to make the game 3-1. Las Vegas made it 3-2 with 3:05 remaining on a power-play shot past a screened O'Keefe, but the Grizzlies held on for the win in a dramatic final minute as both teams desperately battled in the Utah end.
The youthful Grizzlies remained the only undefeated ECHL team on the road in the victory as they improved to 5-0 away from the E-Center. Utah also improved to 3-0 against the Wranglers in the first of seven-straight games for Utah against Las Vegas.
The Grizzlies and Wranglers meet again Thursday and Friday in Las Vegas. Face-off both evenings is scheduled for 8:05 p.m.
Utah returns home to start a ten-game home stand Saturday when they will host Las Vegas at 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2009
- Royals Fall In Wild Finish In Johnstown, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- South Carolina Stings Trenton, 6-3 - Trenton Devils
- Everblades Gut Walleye 6-1 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Cool Off Devils 6-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Press Release: Jackals Loan Justin Donati To Portland - Elmira Jackals
- Condors Sign C Gino Guyer - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Matt Dalton Assigned To Reading - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Goaltender Brust Loaned to Blades; D-Man Kinley Traded to Wheeling - Florida Everblades
- Former NHL'er Joins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Announce Roster Moves - Wheeling Nailers
- James Bates Recalled To Springfield - Stockton Thunder
- Walleye Add Bryan Ewing - Toledo Walleye
- Beauchemin Returns From AHL, Nastiuk Released - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Have Cashman Recalled, Jozsa Returned - Cincinnati Cyclones
- MeiGray Group Accepting Orders For 2009-10 ECHL Game-Worn Jerseys - ECHL
- Game Preview: Rays At Trenton Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Salmon Kings Sign Jimmy Sharrow - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Engelland, O Marra Raise ECHL Players In NHL To 417 - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Ink D-Man Salekin - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Going Green With The Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ellis Gets Early Morning Wake Up Call - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Condors Knock Off Stockton 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Pitton's 36 Saves Falls Shy, Pokulok Nets Game-Winner - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Nipped By Grizzlies, 3-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Battle For 3-2 Win In Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.