Everblades Gut Walleye 6-1
Estero, FL - The Florida Everblades and the Toledo Walleye opened up a three-game series on Veterans Day at Germain Arena. This is the second time both teams have met this season. Everblades defensemen Elgin Reid scored a goal and added three assists, Rob Hennigar scored two goals, Ernie Hartlieb added a goal and two assists, and Jacob Micflikier added a tally and a pair of helpers in a 6-1 victory. The Everblades held Toledo at bay on with the extra man advantage. The Walleye were 0-9 on the power play tonight after scoring 3-5 on the power play against Cincinnati.
The first stanza began with the Everblades striking first, thanks to a fortunate bounce off the end boards and good hand eye coordination from Blades center Rob Hennigar putting the Blades up 1-0 at 13:38. Everblades defensemen Scott Hotham and left winger Mathieu Roy picked up the assists. Then Ernie Hartlieb scored his fourth goal of the season with 40 seconds remaining in the period to put the Blades up 2-0.
The Everblades opened the second period with a five-on-three power play. The Blades were able to convert on their opportunity after the first penalty expired. At 7:46 in the second Rob Hennigar scored a power play tally, his second goal of the contest. Ernie Hartlieb and Elgin Reid were credited with the assists.
Left winger Ryan Lang fed a pass over to Elgin Reid scoring his third goal of the season during a two on one at 14:14 in the second stretching the lead to 4-0.
The final stanza of play got physical, 22 seconds into the period as Mathieu Roy picked up two two-minute minors for roughing and a game misconduct. Blades left winger Benjamin Breault scored at 9:32 of the third period to make the score 5-0. Justin Hudgman of the Walleye broke Blades goaltender Mike Morrison's bid for a shutout at 9:53 with his third goal of the year. The Blades kept piling up the goals as Jacob Micflikier made the score 6-1 on the power play his seventh goal of the season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2009
- Royals Fall In Wild Finish In Johnstown, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- South Carolina Stings Trenton, 6-3 - Trenton Devils
- Everblades Gut Walleye 6-1 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Cool Off Devils 6-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Press Release: Jackals Loan Justin Donati To Portland - Elmira Jackals
- Condors Sign C Gino Guyer - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Matt Dalton Assigned To Reading - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Goaltender Brust Loaned to Blades; D-Man Kinley Traded to Wheeling - Florida Everblades
- Former NHL'er Joins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Announce Roster Moves - Wheeling Nailers
- James Bates Recalled To Springfield - Stockton Thunder
- Walleye Add Bryan Ewing - Toledo Walleye
- Beauchemin Returns From AHL, Nastiuk Released - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Have Cashman Recalled, Jozsa Returned - Cincinnati Cyclones
- MeiGray Group Accepting Orders For 2009-10 ECHL Game-Worn Jerseys - ECHL
- Game Preview: Rays At Trenton Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Salmon Kings Sign Jimmy Sharrow - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Engelland, O Marra Raise ECHL Players In NHL To 417 - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Ink D-Man Salekin - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Going Green With The Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ellis Gets Early Morning Wake Up Call - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Condors Knock Off Stockton 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Pitton's 36 Saves Falls Shy, Pokulok Nets Game-Winner - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Nipped By Grizzlies, 3-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Battle For 3-2 Win In Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Everblades Announce Updates to 2019-20 Schedule
- 'Blades Secure Pair of Defensemen to Boost Backend for 2019-20
- Score Some Fun: Everblades Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale
- Everblades Continue to Bolster Offense, Add Michael Huntebrinker
- Auger Re-Joins 'Blades for 2019-20, Adds High-End Offensive Skill