Moynihan's Hat Trick Powers Oilers Past Mavericks in Pleskach's 500th Game
INDEPENDENCE, MO - The Oilers found their way back into the win column on Friday night, defeating Kansas City 3-1 at Cable Dahmer Arena via a Danny Moynihan hat trick.
The Mavericks and Oilers both struggled to generate scoring chances through the opening 20 minutes. Tulsa finished with a slight shot edge in the frame, notching eight to Kansas City's seven.
For the third-straight game, Tulsa scored the opening goal. Danny Moynihan tallied on the power play, jamming home an Alex Brooks snapshot that snuck through Sean Romeo's pads - giving the Oilers a 1-0 edge. Brodie Reid answered with a power-play goal of his own, clapping a cross-zone pass behind Roman Durny, knotting the game 1-1 with 7:59 remaining in the middle frame.
Moynihan found his second of the night with 8:26 left in the game, receiving a stretch pass from Mike McKee before beating Romeo against the grain on a blocker-side snapshot. Moynihan capped off his three-goal night with an empty-net goal with exactly one minute left, earning the Oilers' first hat trick of the season. Durny received third-star honors for his 30-save performance.
The Oilers return to Cable Dahmer arena for a rematch against the Mavericks tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m.
The Oilers head back to Tulsa for a 4:05 p.m. Sunday Family Funday tilt against the Mavericks, closing out a three-game week. Fans are encouraged to wear Adam Pleskach apparel on Sunday to help the team celebrate the captain's achievement of playing 500 games.
ECHL TV has a new provider for the 2020-21 season. We are proud to partner with FloHockey, which provides subscribers with plenty of content. Watch live events across all screens by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Chromecast. To become a subscriber, click here.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 27, 2021
- Rush Win Back-To-Back against Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Pull Even on Weekend Series with 3-1 Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears earn point in 3-2 OT loss to Icemen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Comeback Falls Short vs. Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Power Play Key to Grizzlies 4-3 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Late Power Play Goal Lifts Utah, 4-3 - Wheeling Nailers
- Fuel Give up Eight to Komets in Second Meeting of the Weekend - Indy Fuel
- Novak's Shootout Heroics Propel Rays to Win in Florida - South Carolina Stingrays
- Correction: Third Period Charge Not Enough to Lift Blades - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - February 27 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Blades Shoot for Ten Straight Tonight - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen, February 27, 2021 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Wheeling, February 27, 2021 - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs. Americans, 7:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, February 27 at 7 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Day Preview: Allen at Greenville - Allen Americans
- Thunder Battles Back; Falls Short in OT - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Win Back-And-Forth Affair in OT against Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Defeated by Tulsa Friday Night, 3-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Blades Stop Rays' Miracle Comeback in Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears ride three-goal first period to 3-2 win over Icemen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Moynihan's Hat Trick Powers Oilers Past Mavericks in Pleskach's 500th Game - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.