Blades Shoot for Ten Straight Tonight
ESTERO, Fla. - The Florida Everblades (21-5-0-1) come into tonight's game against the South Carolina Stingrays (9-8-6-2) having won their last nine games. Their last two wins have come via the shootout including last night's 6-5 thriller at Hertz Arena.
Yesterday evening, South Carolina scored twice in the final nine seconds of regulation to tie the game. The contest marked the first time during the nine-game win streak that Florida had given up more than three goals. Yesterday evening was the first time this season that the Everblades had given up more than four goals and won.
Forward Marcus Vela grabbed his first two goals of the season last night. Both tallies came in the first period, including one on the power play.
The Blades' nine-game win streak is the best of the year in the ECHL so far. The longest win streak in Blades history spanned 12 games from Dec. 14, 1999 to Jan. 11, 2000.
South Carolina is streaking in the opposite direction and are now winless in their last 10 games. The Rays are led offensively by the 18 points (9g-9a) of Cole Ully who recorded two goals and two helpers last night against Florida.
WHO: Florida Everblades vs. South Carolina Stingrays
WHERE: Hertz Arena - Estero, Fla.
WHEN: Saturday, February 27 at 7:00 p.m.
TICKETS: Find tickets for tonight's game HERE.
PROMOTIONS: Enjoy the Saturday Tailgate Party featuring free live music from 3 Hour Tour from 5:00-7:00 p.m. outside of Hertz Arena!
BROADCAST: Watch every Florida Everblades game on FloHockey.TV. Listen to the exciting game action on the Everblades Broadcast Network at WJBX News, Talk & More on 104.3 FM, 101.5 FM and AM 770, plus online at wjbxnewstalk.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 27, 2021
- Rush Win Back-To-Back against Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Pull Even on Weekend Series with 3-1 Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears earn point in 3-2 OT loss to Icemen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Comeback Falls Short vs. Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Power Play Key to Grizzlies 4-3 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Late Power Play Goal Lifts Utah, 4-3 - Wheeling Nailers
- Fuel Give up Eight to Komets in Second Meeting of the Weekend - Indy Fuel
- Novak's Shootout Heroics Propel Rays to Win in Florida - South Carolina Stingrays
- Correction: Third Period Charge Not Enough to Lift Blades - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - February 27 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Blades Shoot for Ten Straight Tonight - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen, February 27, 2021 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Wheeling, February 27, 2021 - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs. Americans, 7:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, February 27 at 7 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Day Preview: Allen at Greenville - Allen Americans
- Thunder Battles Back; Falls Short in OT - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Win Back-And-Forth Affair in OT against Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Defeated by Tulsa Friday Night, 3-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Blades Stop Rays' Miracle Comeback in Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears ride three-goal first period to 3-2 win over Icemen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Moynihan's Hat Trick Powers Oilers Past Mavericks in Pleskach's 500th Game - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.