Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, February 27 at 7 PM
SC Stingrays at Florida Everblades
Saturday, February 27, 2021 at Hertz Arena at 7 PM
Broadcast Info: Watch live on FloHockey | Listen via Mixlr
About Today's Game: Although the South Carolina Stingrays have pulled off two straight third period comebacks in Florida this week, they enter Saturday night's series finale with the Everblades without any wins to show for their efforts. The Rays are looking to change that and head home with a victory in the seventh meeting of the season between the two clubs at Hertz Arena. In Wednesday's opener, SC erased a two-goal deficit in the third period to force overtime but came up short in a shootout by a 4-3 score. Then on Friday, the Stingrays secured four goals in the third to force extra time, but once again fell in a shootout, 6-5. The Everblades have been the hottest team in the ECHL, winning nine consecutive games and securing points in 11 straight. Their last loss came to South Carolina in Estero on Jan. 29. Florida holds second place in the Eastern Conference standings with a points percentage of .796. The Everblades have the league's top offense, scoring four goals per game. SC ranks seventh in the league offensively, averaging 2.80 tallies per contest.
Scouting the Everblades: Florida is in second place in the ECHL's Eastern Conference after 27 games with a 21-5-0-1 record. The Blades have earned points in 11 straight games and are 12-2-0-1 at home this season. Their top offensive attack is led by captain John McCarron, who has totaled 25 points in 27 games on 13 goals and 12 assists. Just behind him is forward Michael Huntebrinker, who has earned 24 points with a team-leading 14 goals as well as 10 assists. Forward Alex Kile has also reached the 20-point mark (9g, 13a), while attacker Levko Koper has 18 points (9g, 9a). Defender Logan Roe has continued his dominance at the ECHL level, posting 11 points (3g, 8a) as well as a league-high +25 rating. In the net, Jake Hildebrand leads the team with a 2.09 goals-against and a 0.931 save percentage while amassing a perfect 7-0-0 record.
Upcoming Home Games
Wednesday, March 3 vs. Jacksonville, 7:05 p.m.
Friday, March 5 vs. Jacksonville, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, March 6 vs. Jacksonville, 6:05 p.m.
Friday, March 19 vs. Fort Wayne, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, March 20 vs. Fort Wayne, 6:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 27, 2021
- Rush Win Back-To-Back against Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Pull Even on Weekend Series with 3-1 Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears earn point in 3-2 OT loss to Icemen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Comeback Falls Short vs. Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Power Play Key to Grizzlies 4-3 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Late Power Play Goal Lifts Utah, 4-3 - Wheeling Nailers
- Fuel Give up Eight to Komets in Second Meeting of the Weekend - Indy Fuel
- Novak's Shootout Heroics Propel Rays to Win in Florida - South Carolina Stingrays
- Correction: Third Period Charge Not Enough to Lift Blades - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - February 27 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Blades Shoot for Ten Straight Tonight - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen, February 27, 2021 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Wheeling, February 27, 2021 - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs. Americans, 7:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, February 27 at 7 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Day Preview: Allen at Greenville - Allen Americans
- Thunder Battles Back; Falls Short in OT - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Win Back-And-Forth Affair in OT against Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Defeated by Tulsa Friday Night, 3-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Blades Stop Rays' Miracle Comeback in Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears ride three-goal first period to 3-2 win over Icemen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Moynihan's Hat Trick Powers Oilers Past Mavericks in Pleskach's 500th Game - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.