Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Gerry Mayhew
DES MOINES, IOWA - Minnesota Wild General Manager Bill Guerin announced today the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled forward Gerry Mayhew from the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Mayhew, 26 (12/31/92), has recorded 20 points (14g, 6a) and 24 penalty minutes (PIM) in 22 games with Iowa this season, including four game-winning goals (GWG), two power-play tallies (PPG) and two shorthanded goals (SHG). He leads the team in goals, SHG and shots on goal (87) and ranks T-1st in scoring and PPG. Mayhew ranks T-2nd in the AHL in goals, T-4th in SHG and fifth in shots. The 5-foot-10, 175-pound native of Wyandotte, Mich., scored a goal in his NHL debut on Oct. 15 at Toronto to become the eighth player in franchise history to score a goal in his first NHL game. He has tallied two goals, a plus-two rating and nine shots in six games with Minnesota this season. Mayhew wears sweater No. 26 with the Wild.
He registered career highs in goals (27), assists (33), points (60), PIM (51), PPG (9), SHG (2), plus/minus rating (plus-15) and shots on goal (205) in 71 games with Iowa last season. Mayhew led the team in goals, plus/minus rating and shots on goal (ninth in the AHL), ranked T-1st in SHG, second in points, T-2nd in PPG, third in assists and fourth in PIM. He also led the team in goals (second in the AHL), scoring and shots on goal (32) during the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs. Mayhew has tallied 119 points (63g, 56a), 115 PIM, a plus-13 rating, 15 PPG, eight GWG and four SHG in 182 AHL contests with Iowa (2016-19). Mayhew signed a two-year, two-way contract with Minnesota on May 10, 2019.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 11, 2019
- Post Game Notes: Stars 3 vs. Moose 1 - Texas Stars
- Despite Late Push, Penguins Lose in Rochester, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Shesterkin Stifles Binghamton, 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Summers Scores In 3-1 Loss At Hartford - Binghamton Devils
- Second Period Blitz Pushes Comets Past Marlies - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Drop Wednesday Night Contest to Syracuse Crunch, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Gemel Smith Nets Hat Trick in 4-1 Crunch Win over Bruins - Syracuse Crunch
- Kupari, Bjornfot to be Assigned to World Juniors Teams - Ontario Reign
- Marlies in Utica for Clash with Comets - Toronto Marlies
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Gerry Mayhew - Iowa Wild
- Florida Panthers Assign F Jayce Hawryluk to T-Birds on Conditioning Loan - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Chicago Wolves December: Star Wars, Stanley Cup, Santa Claus and More - Chicago Wolves
- Red Wings Assign Cholowski and McIlrath - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Eagles Issue Open Apology to Akim Aliu Regarding 2011 Incident - Colorado Eagles
- Robb Stauber, Derek Armstrong Named Honorary Captains for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Armstrong, Stauber Named as 2020 AHL All-Star Honorary Captains - Ontario Reign
- Kevin Hancock Loaned to Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Forward Ryan Gropp Returns to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat, Reign Battle Wednesday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Zadina Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins - Rochester Americans
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 10 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Florida Panthers Loan F Aleksi Saarela to Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- David Kase Earns First NHL Recall - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hill Shuts out Wild, Roadrunners Return to Being AHL's Best - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shut out by Tucson 2-0 - Iowa Wild
- Rocket Capture Thrilling 3-2 Shootout Win over Monsters after Seven Rounds of Shootout - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.