Chicago Wolves December: Star Wars, Stanley Cup, Santa Claus and More
GLENVIEW, Illinois - The Chicago Wolves are providing plenty of terrific gifts in December to ensure everyone's holiday celebrations merit a visit to Allstate Arena.
The Wolves kick off their December home schedule in a big way with Star Wars Night at 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 14. It's a perfect opportunity for Star Wars fans to dress up, join forces with the photogenic 501st Legion's Midwest Garrison on the concourse and share enthusiasm for the new Star Wars movie, "The Rise Of Skywalker" that opens Dec. 20. Fans can make the night even brighter by purchasing a special ticket package that includes a light saber.
Saturday's plans also feature the Wolves Wall Calendar giveaway, courtesy of Rose Pest Solutions, as well as Adopt-A-Dog Night, presented by Premier Veterinary Group. Nearly 1,500 dogs have found forever homes thanks to generous Wolves fans who've fallen in love with these pups in the South Lobby. It's also the first of three nights U.S. Marines will be stationed at Allstate Arena's entrances to collect new, unwrapped gifts for their Toys For Tots Drive.
The Wolves' home game against the Texas Stars on Saturday, Dec. 21, features the chance to visit Santa Claus. The first 2,500 fans to enter the arena receive a Wolves Luggage Tag, courtesy of Loyola Medicine, while everyone is welcome to bring their skates to take part in the first postgame skate of the season, presented by Wilmot Mountain.
Santa Claus sticks around for the Wolves' 3 p.m. game versus Texas on Sunday, Dec. 22, but the big fella gets to share top billing with the Stanley Cup. Did you know 45 current and former Wolves -- including general manager Wendell Young -- have played for teams that won the Stanley Cup? Hockey's holy grail will be waiting in the lobby for visits and pictures when the doors open at 2 p.m.
Dec. 22 also is a Little Debbie Sunday game, which means the first 1,000 kids to enter Allstate Arena receive a free Legoland admission ticket on their way to enjoying free activities on the concourse. There's plenty to do after the game as select Wolves players will be available for postgame autographs while members of the Skates Mates All-Star Kids Club get to go on the ice for Slapshot Sunday.
The Wolves wrap up the month at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 29, with another Little Debbie Sunday -- this one featuring a free GameWorks play card for the first 1,000 kids.
To purchase tickets or to learn more about any of these events, visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 11, 2019
- Post Game Notes: Stars 3 vs. Moose 1 - Texas Stars
- Despite Late Push, Penguins Lose in Rochester, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Shesterkin Stifles Binghamton, 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Summers Scores In 3-1 Loss At Hartford - Binghamton Devils
- Second Period Blitz Pushes Comets Past Marlies - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Drop Wednesday Night Contest to Syracuse Crunch, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Gemel Smith Nets Hat Trick in 4-1 Crunch Win over Bruins - Syracuse Crunch
- Kupari, Bjornfot to be Assigned to World Juniors Teams - Ontario Reign
- Marlies in Utica for Clash with Comets - Toronto Marlies
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Gerry Mayhew - Iowa Wild
- Florida Panthers Assign F Jayce Hawryluk to T-Birds on Conditioning Loan - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Chicago Wolves December: Star Wars, Stanley Cup, Santa Claus and More - Chicago Wolves
- Red Wings Assign Cholowski and McIlrath - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Eagles Issue Open Apology to Akim Aliu Regarding 2011 Incident - Colorado Eagles
- Robb Stauber, Derek Armstrong Named Honorary Captains for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Armstrong, Stauber Named as 2020 AHL All-Star Honorary Captains - Ontario Reign
- Kevin Hancock Loaned to Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Forward Ryan Gropp Returns to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat, Reign Battle Wednesday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Zadina Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins - Rochester Americans
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 10 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Florida Panthers Loan F Aleksi Saarela to Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- David Kase Earns First NHL Recall - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hill Shuts out Wild, Roadrunners Return to Being AHL's Best - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shut out by Tucson 2-0 - Iowa Wild
- Rocket Capture Thrilling 3-2 Shootout Win over Monsters after Seven Rounds of Shootout - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.