Marlies in Utica for Clash with Comets
The Marlies are back on the road today, making their first visit to Utica, New York for a north division tilt against the Comets.
The Marlies come into tonight's game fresh off back-to-back wins over the San Antonio Rampage. Toronto are 8-2-0-0 in their previous 10 contests and will be looking to extend their win-streak to three straight tonight when they visit the Adirondack Bank Center. Kenny Agostino continues to lead the Marlies in goals (13) and points (22) this season.
The Comets improved to 14-8-1-2 following a 6-2 win over Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Monday. They currently sit in sixth place in the Eastern Conference and ninth overall. Reid Boucher leads the way for the Comets with 17 goals and 29 points through 20 games so far this season. He's currently riding a seven-game point streak.
These two teams last met just over a week ago for back-to-back games in Toronto. The Comets handed the Marlies their first home loss of the season in the first first half of the back-to-back, but the Marlies answered back with a 5-3 win the next day to split the series at one apiece. The Marlies were 4-2 against the Comets last season and have a 9-5-0-1 record when playing at the Adirondack Bank Center. The Marlies are 7-2-2-1 against North Division opponents.
Puck drops at 7:00 PM tonight on AHLTV. Fans can also follow along on Twitter (@TorontoMarlies) for live updates.
Head to Head (2019-20 Regular Season)
17-4-2-1 Overall Record 14-8-1-2
1-1-0-0 Head To Head 1-1-0-0
2-0-0-0 Streak 1-0-0-2
87 Goals For 89
64 Goals Against 72
20.2% Power Play Percentage 24.5%
77.8% Penalty Kill Percentage 87.4%
K. Agostino (13) Leading Goal Scorer R. Boucher (17)
P. Aberg (24) Leading Points Scorer R. Boucher (29)
K. Kaskisuo (9) Wins Leader M. DiPietro (7)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 11, 2019
- Post Game Notes: Stars 3 vs. Moose 1 - Texas Stars
- Despite Late Push, Penguins Lose in Rochester, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Shesterkin Stifles Binghamton, 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Summers Scores In 3-1 Loss At Hartford - Binghamton Devils
- Second Period Blitz Pushes Comets Past Marlies - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Drop Wednesday Night Contest to Syracuse Crunch, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Gemel Smith Nets Hat Trick in 4-1 Crunch Win over Bruins - Syracuse Crunch
- Kupari, Bjornfot to be Assigned to World Juniors Teams - Ontario Reign
- Marlies in Utica for Clash with Comets - Toronto Marlies
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Gerry Mayhew - Iowa Wild
- Florida Panthers Assign F Jayce Hawryluk to T-Birds on Conditioning Loan - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Chicago Wolves December: Star Wars, Stanley Cup, Santa Claus and More - Chicago Wolves
- Red Wings Assign Cholowski and McIlrath - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Eagles Issue Open Apology to Akim Aliu Regarding 2011 Incident - Colorado Eagles
- Robb Stauber, Derek Armstrong Named Honorary Captains for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Armstrong, Stauber Named as 2020 AHL All-Star Honorary Captains - Ontario Reign
- Kevin Hancock Loaned to Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Forward Ryan Gropp Returns to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat, Reign Battle Wednesday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Zadina Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins - Rochester Americans
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 10 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Florida Panthers Loan F Aleksi Saarela to Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- David Kase Earns First NHL Recall - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hill Shuts out Wild, Roadrunners Return to Being AHL's Best - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shut out by Tucson 2-0 - Iowa Wild
- Rocket Capture Thrilling 3-2 Shootout Win over Monsters after Seven Rounds of Shootout - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.