David Kase Earns First NHL Recall
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers have announced today that they have recalled forward David Kase from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
Kase, 22, is in his second season with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms and currently has six points (three goals, three assists) through 21 games this year. He set a career-high with three points, including two goals, on November 22 against the Charlotte Checkers. Last season, Kase tallied eight goals and 15 assists for 23 points in 40 games in his first season in North America. This marks the first NHL recall for Kase.
A native of Kadan, Czech Republic, Kase was drafted in the fifth round (#128) by the Philadelphia Flyers in the 2013 NHL Draft. He played two seasons in Czech Extraliga for Chomutov Pirati from 2015-17 before turning pro and playing a season in the Swedish Hockey League for Mora IK in 2017-18. He posted 23 points on nine goals and 14 assists in 44 games in the Swedish Hockey League.
Kase has represented the Czech Republic numerous times in international tournaments, including three times in World Juniors (2015, 2016, and 2017). His older brother Ondrej Kase is a forward for the Anaheim Ducks.
Images from this story
Lehigh Valley Phantoms forward David Kase
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 11, 2019
- Post Game Notes: Stars 3 vs. Moose 1 - Texas Stars
- Despite Late Push, Penguins Lose in Rochester, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Shesterkin Stifles Binghamton, 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Summers Scores In 3-1 Loss At Hartford - Binghamton Devils
- Second Period Blitz Pushes Comets Past Marlies - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Drop Wednesday Night Contest to Syracuse Crunch, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Gemel Smith Nets Hat Trick in 4-1 Crunch Win over Bruins - Syracuse Crunch
- Kupari, Bjornfot to be Assigned to World Juniors Teams - Ontario Reign
- Marlies in Utica for Clash with Comets - Toronto Marlies
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Gerry Mayhew - Iowa Wild
- Florida Panthers Assign F Jayce Hawryluk to T-Birds on Conditioning Loan - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Chicago Wolves December: Star Wars, Stanley Cup, Santa Claus and More - Chicago Wolves
- Red Wings Assign Cholowski and McIlrath - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Eagles Issue Open Apology to Akim Aliu Regarding 2011 Incident - Colorado Eagles
- Robb Stauber, Derek Armstrong Named Honorary Captains for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Armstrong, Stauber Named as 2020 AHL All-Star Honorary Captains - Ontario Reign
- Kevin Hancock Loaned to Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Forward Ryan Gropp Returns to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat, Reign Battle Wednesday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Zadina Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins - Rochester Americans
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 10 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Florida Panthers Loan F Aleksi Saarela to Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- David Kase Earns First NHL Recall - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hill Shuts out Wild, Roadrunners Return to Being AHL's Best - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shut out by Tucson 2-0 - Iowa Wild
- Rocket Capture Thrilling 3-2 Shootout Win over Monsters after Seven Rounds of Shootout - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.