Heat, Reign Battle Wednesday in Ontario
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Arena: Toyota Arena | Ontario, California
Date: Wednesday, December 11
Time: 7:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch tonight's game on AHLTV or hear Stockton's radio call on Spreaker and iHeartRadio. Listeners in the Stockton area can also hear the game on Fox Sports Radio 1280.
Join The Conversation: For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter. Join the conversation by replying to our updates or using the hashtag #STKvsONT.
Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game Puck: Stay tuned on Twitter following the game for a chance to enter to win a puck signed by Alan Quine with our Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game selection!
Stockton hits the road for a Wednesday night showdown against the Ontario Reign, the third meeting between the teams over the last three weeks. The Pacific Division foes have split the first two contests, the road team emerging victorious in both with the Heat earning an 8-5 win in the previous game at Toyota Arena.
In the last showdown, Ontario jumped out to a 3-0 first period lead before Luke Philp and Matthew Phillips lit the lamp in the second period, but the Heat were unable to find the tying goal in a 3-2 loss at Stockton Arena.
PHILP IT UP
Luke Philp added to his impressive scoring run with another two-goal performance in the Heat's last game on Saturday. It's been night-and-day for the rookie forward in his last 10 games compared to his first 10 in the AHL, Philp boasting nine points and three assists in games 11 through 20 after going scoreless in his first 10 appearances. Philp rides a three-game scoring streak into tonight's game with five goals in that span.
OH MY GAWDIN
Glenn Gawdin has quietly put together a strong start to his second professional season, coming into tonight's game at a point-per-game clip with 22 points (8g,14a) in 22 games. The forward has yet to go back-to-back games without registering a point and comes into tonight's game following a three-point effort in Stockton's win Saturday over Bakersfield.
PHILLIPS EARNS A CALL-UP
Matthew Phillips earned a call-up to the Calgary Flames on Tuesday, the first recall of his young career, following a hot start that saw him in seventh in scoring in the AHL with 25 points through 22 games. Phillips is Stockton's assists (16) and points (25) leader and has racked up nine points (4g,5a) in Stockton's last five games.
Adam Ruzicka has stood out through the Heat's first two games against the Reign, coming into tonight's contest with two goals as well as a pair of assists in the brief season series with Ontario. The big-bodied forward recorded a career-best, three-point night in the Heat's last trip to Toyota Arena and has recorded at least a point in four of Stockton's last six games.
ON THE ROAD AGAIN
No team in the AHL has been better on the road than Stockton, the Heat boasting a 9-2-0-1 record, good for a .792 point percentage on opponents' ice. In those 12 games, the Heat have outscored opponents by a 55-39 clip including the season-best, eight-goal outburst last time in Ontario. Stockton looks to join Milwaukee and Providence as the lone AHL teams with 10 road wins on the season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 11, 2019
- Post Game Notes: Stars 3 vs. Moose 1 - Texas Stars
- Despite Late Push, Penguins Lose in Rochester, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Shesterkin Stifles Binghamton, 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Summers Scores In 3-1 Loss At Hartford - Binghamton Devils
- Second Period Blitz Pushes Comets Past Marlies - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Drop Wednesday Night Contest to Syracuse Crunch, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Gemel Smith Nets Hat Trick in 4-1 Crunch Win over Bruins - Syracuse Crunch
- Kupari, Bjornfot to be Assigned to World Juniors Teams - Ontario Reign
- Marlies in Utica for Clash with Comets - Toronto Marlies
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Gerry Mayhew - Iowa Wild
- Florida Panthers Assign F Jayce Hawryluk to T-Birds on Conditioning Loan - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Chicago Wolves December: Star Wars, Stanley Cup, Santa Claus and More - Chicago Wolves
- Red Wings Assign Cholowski and McIlrath - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Eagles Issue Open Apology to Akim Aliu Regarding 2011 Incident - Colorado Eagles
- Robb Stauber, Derek Armstrong Named Honorary Captains for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Armstrong, Stauber Named as 2020 AHL All-Star Honorary Captains - Ontario Reign
- Kevin Hancock Loaned to Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Forward Ryan Gropp Returns to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat, Reign Battle Wednesday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Zadina Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins - Rochester Americans
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 10 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Florida Panthers Loan F Aleksi Saarela to Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- David Kase Earns First NHL Recall - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hill Shuts out Wild, Roadrunners Return to Being AHL's Best - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shut out by Tucson 2-0 - Iowa Wild
- Rocket Capture Thrilling 3-2 Shootout Win over Monsters after Seven Rounds of Shootout - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.