Iowa Shut out by Tucson 2-0
DES MOINES, IOWA - Iowa Wild (12-10-2-2; 28 pts.) was shut out against the Tucson Roadrunners (19-5-0-0; 38 pts.) Tuesday night, falling by a score of 2-0, dropping to third place in the Central Division.
Tucson took a 1-0 lead at 16:52 in the first period on forward Michael Chaput's 10th goal of the season. Chaput caught a drop pass from forward Michael Bunting at the left circle and rocketed a shot over the glove of Mat Robson (25 saves) for the tally.
At the end of the first period, Iowa trailed 1-0 while outshooting Tucson 11-8.
The Roadrunners pushed their lead to 2-0 as forward Jon Martin scored his ninth of the season and third goal in two games. Forward Jeremy Gregoire took a shot from the right circle that was saved by Robson, but Martin picked up the rebound and jammed it through his five-hole for the score.
Through 40 minutes of play, Tucson led 2-0 and Iowa owned a 21-18 shot advantage.
The Wild pulled Robson for the extra attacker but couldn't solve goaltender Adin Hill (30 saves) as Iowa fell to the Roadrunners by a score of 2-0. The Wild outshot the Roadrunners 30-27 in the contest. while 0-for-2 on the power play and 1-for-1 on the penalty kill.
Tuesday's loss marked the second time this season Iowa was shutout by its opponent. The team's four-game losing skid is the longest such stretch since the Wild's eight-game losing streak on March 22 - April 6, 2019.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 11, 2019
- Post Game Notes: Stars 3 vs. Moose 1 - Texas Stars
- Despite Late Push, Penguins Lose in Rochester, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Shesterkin Stifles Binghamton, 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Summers Scores In 3-1 Loss At Hartford - Binghamton Devils
- Second Period Blitz Pushes Comets Past Marlies - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Drop Wednesday Night Contest to Syracuse Crunch, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Gemel Smith Nets Hat Trick in 4-1 Crunch Win over Bruins - Syracuse Crunch
- Kupari, Bjornfot to be Assigned to World Juniors Teams - Ontario Reign
- Marlies in Utica for Clash with Comets - Toronto Marlies
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Gerry Mayhew - Iowa Wild
- Florida Panthers Assign F Jayce Hawryluk to T-Birds on Conditioning Loan - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Chicago Wolves December: Star Wars, Stanley Cup, Santa Claus and More - Chicago Wolves
- Red Wings Assign Cholowski and McIlrath - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Eagles Issue Open Apology to Akim Aliu Regarding 2011 Incident - Colorado Eagles
- Robb Stauber, Derek Armstrong Named Honorary Captains for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Armstrong, Stauber Named as 2020 AHL All-Star Honorary Captains - Ontario Reign
- Kevin Hancock Loaned to Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Forward Ryan Gropp Returns to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat, Reign Battle Wednesday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Zadina Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins - Rochester Americans
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 10 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Florida Panthers Loan F Aleksi Saarela to Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- David Kase Earns First NHL Recall - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hill Shuts out Wild, Roadrunners Return to Being AHL's Best - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shut out by Tucson 2-0 - Iowa Wild
- Rocket Capture Thrilling 3-2 Shootout Win over Monsters after Seven Rounds of Shootout - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.