Minnesota Recalls Forward Gerry Mayhew from Iowa
DES MOINES, IOWA - Minnesota Wild General Manager Bill Guerin announced today the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled forward Gerry Mayhew from the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Mayhew, 26, leads Iowa with six points (3g, 3a) and a plus-5 rating in four games this season. He registered career highs in goals (27), assists (33), points (60), penalty minutes (51), power-play goals (9), shorthanded goals (2), plus/minus rating (plus-15) and shots on goal (205) in 71 games with Iowa last season. The 5-foot-10, 175-pound native of Wyandotte, Mich., led the team in goals, plus/minus rating and shots on goal (ninth in the AHL), ranked T-1st in SHG, second in points, T-2nd in PPG, third in assists and fourth in PIM. Mayhew also led the team in goals (second in the AHL), scoring and shots on goal (32) during the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs.
He has tallied 105 points (52g, 53a), 99 PIM, 12 PPG, six GWG and two SHG in 164 AHL contests with Iowa (2016-19) and he ranks first all-time for Iowa in plus/minus, third in goals and game-winning goals, fifth in points, seventh in power-play goals and ninth in games played. Mayhew signed a two-year, two-way contract with Minnesota on May 10, 2019.
Mayhew collected 119 points (52g, 67a) in 150 games during four seasons (2013-17) with Ferris State University in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA). He led the Bulldogs in goals and scoring his last three seasons. He also served as an alternate captain his senior season and was named to the 2016-17 All-WCHA First Team. Mayhew was named to the 2015-16 All-WCHA Second Team after leading the conference in assists (25) and points (41). He also helped Ferris State capture its first WCHA title in 2015-16.
Mayhew has not appeared in an NHL game. He will wear sweater No. 26 with Minnesota.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 13, 2019
- Penguins Drop 5-1 Decision at Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Blowout Penguins for First Home Win - Hershey Bears
- Barracuda Erase Two-Goal Deficit, Beat Condors 4-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Condors Nipped Late by San Jose, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Third Period Letdown Costs Pack in Shootout Loss - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Rally in Third, Top Wolf Pack in Shootout - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Fall to Springfield Thunderbirds, 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- 'Canes Recall Gibbons from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Special Teams Pivotal in T-Birds Breakout Win at Providence - Springfield Thunderbirds
- $5 Kids Tickets, Skate & Pet-Item Drive in Matinee Tomorrow vs. Laval - Rockford IceHogs
- Panthers Reassign F Cliff Pu to Springfield (AHL) from Greenville (ECHL) - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Abramov Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Minnesota Recalls Forward Gerry Mayhew from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Penguins, 5 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Sunday, October 13 at Hartford Wolf Pack - Rochester Americans
- Reign No Match for Tucson Scoring Saturday - Ontario Reign
- Pederson Leads Roadrunners to Blowout Win - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Falls to Texas 2-1 in the Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Rampage Fall to Wolves in Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Gulls End Road Swing with Loss - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.