McKenzie Returns from AHL's Bruins
DULUTH, GA. - The Atlanta Gladiators announced on Friday that forward Brett McKenzie has been loaned to the team by the AHL's Providence Bruins.
McKenzie, 21, returns to Atlanta after playing in five contests for the AHL's P-Bruins. The Ottawa, ON native is ranked third on the Gladiators this season with 22 assists and 33 points in 46 games. The former Vancouver Canucks draft pick posted 224 points (101g, 123a) in 328 OHL games for North Bay and Owen Sound. McKenzie has joined the team in Estero, FL and is expected to be in the lineup tonight against the Florida Everblades.
The 16th season of Atlanta Gladiators hockey continues at the Infinite Energy Arena Wednesday, March 13th against the South Carolina Stingrays at 7:35 pm. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 8, 2019
- Swamp Rabbits Fall in Shootout - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 20 Club: 'Blades Clinch Playoff Spot with 3-1 Win over Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Fall to First-Place Cyclones - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Comeback against Fuel in Weekend Opener - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Conacher's Late Tally Earns Thunder a Point on Emotional Night - Adirondack Thunder
- Mavs Complete Stunning Comeback in Allen, Win 9-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Railers Win 4th Straight After 3-2 Shootout Win at Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Bushee, McDonald Have Multi-Point Nights as K-Wings Fall 3-2 in OT - Kalamazoo Wings
- Gladiators Unable to Overcome Everblades in 3-1 Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Tschantz Scores Twice as Mariners Top Stingrays - Maine Mariners
- Mariners Keep Rays Quiet in Series Opener Friday Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- Justin Faryna Named 10th Captain of the Rapid City Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Drop Weekend Opener to Growlers, 5-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Growlers Tame the Solar Bears 5-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Todd Mackin Named Next President of Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Riley and Sakellaropoulos Get Calls to AHL - Adirondack Thunder
- Steve McParland Re-Joins Steelheads Prior to Tonight - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 8 - ECHL
- Oilers Sign Ferris State Forward Craig Pefley - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Eye Playoff Spot Clinch, Host Gladiators on Friday - Florida Everblades
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Add Muskegon Native, Former Jr. K-Wing Trevor Boyd - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- McKenzie Returns from AHL's Bruins - Atlanta Gladiators
- Atlanta Gets Furgele from Maine in Exchange for Troock - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day: Three-Game Homestand Kicks off against Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.