Riley and Sakellaropoulos Get Calls to AHL
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced a pair of roster moves in advance of this weekend's games. Forward Conor Riley has signed a PTO with the American Hockey League's Providence Bruins while goaltender Alex Sakellaropoulos signed a PTO with the AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds.
Riley, 26, earns his second AHL call-up of the season after he appeared in a pair of games with the Binghamton Devils earlier this season. The Massena, NY native collected his first career AHL goal and was a plus-one during the stint.
With Adirondack, Riley has racked up 30 points (17g-13a) from 51 games played, ranking third on the Thunder in goals scored. The 6-foot-1 forward/defenseman combo skater's 82 PIMs sits just two behind Brian Ward's team-leading 84.
Sakellaropoulos, 24, is joining his third American League squad of the season after previous stints with the Utica Comets and Binghamton Devils. The Union College product has not appeared in a game at the AHL level yet this season.
For the Thunder, Sakellaropoulos has seen action in 31 games with a 19-6-3 record. His 19 wins (6th), 2.38 GAA (7th), and .919 save percentage (7th) all rank in the top-10 among ECHL goaltenders with at least 10 games played.
The Thunder kick off their "Stick It To Cancer" weekend tonight against the Worcester Railers at 7:00 p.m. at Cool Insuring Arena. It's Paint The Ice Night, presented by Colorize, and fans can paint the ice with a message to a loved one after the game. For all the latest Thunder news, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @ECHLThunder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 8, 2019
- Swamp Rabbits Fall in Shootout - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 20 Club: 'Blades Clinch Playoff Spot with 3-1 Win over Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Fall to First-Place Cyclones - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Comeback against Fuel in Weekend Opener - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Conacher's Late Tally Earns Thunder a Point on Emotional Night - Adirondack Thunder
- Mavs Complete Stunning Comeback in Allen, Win 9-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Railers Win 4th Straight After 3-2 Shootout Win at Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Bushee, McDonald Have Multi-Point Nights as K-Wings Fall 3-2 in OT - Kalamazoo Wings
- Gladiators Unable to Overcome Everblades in 3-1 Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Tschantz Scores Twice as Mariners Top Stingrays - Maine Mariners
- Mariners Keep Rays Quiet in Series Opener Friday Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- Justin Faryna Named 10th Captain of the Rapid City Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Drop Weekend Opener to Growlers, 5-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Growlers Tame the Solar Bears 5-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Todd Mackin Named Next President of Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Riley and Sakellaropoulos Get Calls to AHL - Adirondack Thunder
- Steve McParland Re-Joins Steelheads Prior to Tonight - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 8 - ECHL
- Oilers Sign Ferris State Forward Craig Pefley - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Eye Playoff Spot Clinch, Host Gladiators on Friday - Florida Everblades
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Add Muskegon Native, Former Jr. K-Wing Trevor Boyd - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- McKenzie Returns from AHL's Bruins - Atlanta Gladiators
- Atlanta Gets Furgele from Maine in Exchange for Troock - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day: Three-Game Homestand Kicks off against Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.