Cyclones Comeback against Fuel in Weekend Opener
Indianapolis, IN - The Cincinnati Cyclones (41-10-4-3) collected a 4-2 win over the Indy Fuel on Friday night. Forwards Ben Johnson and Myles Powell, along with defensemen Eric Knodel and Devante Stephens netted the goals for the Cyclones.
After the Fuel took a 2-0 first period lead on goals from defenseman Zach Miskovic, and a shorthanded tally from defenseman Samuel Thibault, Cincinnati got on the board 7:32 into the second while shorthanded when forward Pascal Aquin sent a pass from the right corner to Johnson, and he rifled a shot in past Fuel goaltender Matt Tomkins to cut the Cincinnati deficit to 2-1.
The Cyclones were not done and evened up the game roughly six minutes later when forward Brady Vail found Knodel in the slot, and he blasted in a shot to tie the game, 2-2.
The 2-2 score held up throughout the remainder of the second period, and in the third the Cyclones took the lead 4:36 in when Powell took a pass from Schultz and rifled a shot in past Tomkins to go up, 3-2. Cincinnati and Indy exchanged scoring chances through the remainder of the frame, and with 13 seconds left, Stephens banked a shot from the defensive zone off the right side neutral zone boards and into the empty net to seal the Cyclones 4-2 win.
Cincinnati outshot the Fuel, 24-20 on the evening, with goaltender Michael Houser stopping 18 in the win. The Cyclones head to Kansas City to take on the Mavericks. Face-off is scheduled for 5:05pm ET.
The 2018-19 season is HERE, and the Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride! Single game, Group, and Season Tickets are on sale NOW by calling (513) 421-PUCK! Stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 8, 2019
- Swamp Rabbits Fall in Shootout - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 20 Club: 'Blades Clinch Playoff Spot with 3-1 Win over Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Fall to First-Place Cyclones - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Comeback against Fuel in Weekend Opener - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Conacher's Late Tally Earns Thunder a Point on Emotional Night - Adirondack Thunder
- Mavs Complete Stunning Comeback in Allen, Win 9-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Railers Win 4th Straight After 3-2 Shootout Win at Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Bushee, McDonald Have Multi-Point Nights as K-Wings Fall 3-2 in OT - Kalamazoo Wings
- Gladiators Unable to Overcome Everblades in 3-1 Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Tschantz Scores Twice as Mariners Top Stingrays - Maine Mariners
- Mariners Keep Rays Quiet in Series Opener Friday Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- Justin Faryna Named 10th Captain of the Rapid City Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Drop Weekend Opener to Growlers, 5-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Growlers Tame the Solar Bears 5-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Todd Mackin Named Next President of Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Riley and Sakellaropoulos Get Calls to AHL - Adirondack Thunder
- Steve McParland Re-Joins Steelheads Prior to Tonight - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 8 - ECHL
- Oilers Sign Ferris State Forward Craig Pefley - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Eye Playoff Spot Clinch, Host Gladiators on Friday - Florida Everblades
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Add Muskegon Native, Former Jr. K-Wing Trevor Boyd - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- McKenzie Returns from AHL's Bruins - Atlanta Gladiators
- Atlanta Gets Furgele from Maine in Exchange for Troock - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day: Three-Game Homestand Kicks off against Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.