Game Preview: Solar Bears at Growlers
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears at Newfoundland Growlers
VENUE: Mile One Centre, St. John's, Newfoundland
DATE: Friday, March 8 at 5:30 p.m. EST
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Mixlr and TuneIn
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (31-20-4-0) open a three-game road set against the Newfoundland Growlers (38-16-4-0). Orlando split a pair of games on home ice against Newfoundland in late November. Both teams own identical 7-2-1-0 records over their previous 10 games.
INGRAM TO START: Goaltender Connor Ingram will make his first start with the Solar Bears tonight against the Growlers. The second-year netminder had been leading the American Hockey League in shutouts with six, and had a sparkling 2.26 goals-against average and .922 save percentage while playing for the Syracuse Crunch this season. In three ECHL contests last season, the Tampa Bay Lightning prospect went 2-0-1 with a 1.30 goals-against average and a save percentage of .960.
OLSON STILL RIDING POINT STREAK: Forward Trevor Olson enters tonight's game on an eight-game point streak, in which the rookie has tallied seven goals and five assists. He is two games away from matching Erik Bradford's record for the longest point streak by a Solar Bears rookie, set during a 10-game stretch from March 6-26, 2016.
LEBLANC RETURNS TO ACTION: After missing the previous nine games, Chris LeBlanc made his return to the lineup for the Solar Bears last Saturday against Florida. LeBlanc recorded five shots on goal, matching his previous season-high output. The forward scored two goals - including the game-winner - in Orlando's 6-5 overtime victory against the Growlers on Nov. 24.
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears continue their series with the Growlers at Mile One Centre on Saturday, March 9 at 5:30 p.m. EST. The Solar Bears return home on Wednesday, March 13 at 7 p.m. for a Wine Down Wednesday against the Florida Everblades, featuring $5 wine specials throughout the game. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets for this game.
2019-20 Season Ticket Memberships on Sale Now:
Upgrade to Solar Status and become a Season Ticket Member today. Season ticket memberships for the 2019-20 season are now on sale and start as little as $270.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The Orlando Solar Bears are proud to have local digital printing experts XYMOPrint as the presenting sponsor of the 2018-19 season. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale. Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 8, 2019
- Swamp Rabbits Fall in Shootout - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 20 Club: 'Blades Clinch Playoff Spot with 3-1 Win over Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Fall to First-Place Cyclones - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Comeback against Fuel in Weekend Opener - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Conacher's Late Tally Earns Thunder a Point on Emotional Night - Adirondack Thunder
- Mavs Complete Stunning Comeback in Allen, Win 9-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Railers Win 4th Straight After 3-2 Shootout Win at Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Bushee, McDonald Have Multi-Point Nights as K-Wings Fall 3-2 in OT - Kalamazoo Wings
- Gladiators Unable to Overcome Everblades in 3-1 Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Tschantz Scores Twice as Mariners Top Stingrays - Maine Mariners
- Mariners Keep Rays Quiet in Series Opener Friday Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- Justin Faryna Named 10th Captain of the Rapid City Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Drop Weekend Opener to Growlers, 5-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Growlers Tame the Solar Bears 5-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Todd Mackin Named Next President of Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Riley and Sakellaropoulos Get Calls to AHL - Adirondack Thunder
- Steve McParland Re-Joins Steelheads Prior to Tonight - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 8 - ECHL
- Oilers Sign Ferris State Forward Craig Pefley - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Eye Playoff Spot Clinch, Host Gladiators on Friday - Florida Everblades
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Add Muskegon Native, Former Jr. K-Wing Trevor Boyd - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- McKenzie Returns from AHL's Bruins - Atlanta Gladiators
- Atlanta Gets Furgele from Maine in Exchange for Troock - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day: Three-Game Homestand Kicks off against Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.