Mariners Acquire Jeszka from Kansas City
February 8, 2023 - ECHL (ECHL) - Maine Mariners News Release
PORTLAND, ME - The Maine Mariners and Kansas City Mavericks completed a trade on Wednesday, sending forward Griff Jeszka to Maine in exchange for forward Zach Pochiro. The Mariners acquired Pochiro from Allen last week, but he did not report to Maine.
Jeszka, 27, has played professionally since the 2019-20 season, when he made his ECHL debut with the Worcester Railers. The Mariners will be his third ECHL team this season. He's skated in 21 games for the Iowa Heartlanders and eight for the Mavericks, totaling two goals and three assists. He's also played for Tulsa, Orlando, and Indy in his ECHL career. Additionally, Jeszka has seen two stints in the Southern Professional Hockey League with the Pensacola Ice Flyers, including 12 games this season.
Prior to turning pro, Jeszka played Division I college hockey at both the University of Massachusetts and Merrimack College. He spent his junior career in the North American Hockey League with the Coulee Region Chill (La Crosse, WI), Corpus Christi Ice Rays, and Brookings Blizzard. Jeszka was born in Muskego, WI.
The Mariners have a home-and-home series this weekend with the Trois-Rivieres Lions, beginning with a 7:15 puck drop at the Cross Insurance Arena on Friday. The theme is "Country Night" presented by 99.9 The Wolf and will feature Mossy Oak specialty jerseys and a live performance by Scarborough musician Shawn Theriault. It's also a 1-2-3 Friday: $1 candy, $2 popcorn, and $3 Bud Light Drafts until the start of the 2nd period. More information on upcoming promotions can be found at MarinersOfMaine.com/promotions. The Mariners and Lions will turn around and play Saturday in Trois-Rivieres at 7 PM.
Individual game tickets can be purchased online, at the Ware-Butler Box Office inside the Cross Insurance Arena, or by calling 207-775-3458. Family Four Packs are available for all Saturday and Sunday games and can be purchased here. Season-long ticket plans are also still available. More information on ticketing options is available by calling 833-GO-MAINE, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by visiting MarinersOfMaine.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 8, 2023
- Winiecki's Last-Minute Goal Melts the Icemen - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Win Wednesday Night in Iowa - Indy Fuel
- Rémi Poirier Makes 37 Saves In 5-0 Win Over Tulsa - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads Bounce Back, Shut Out Oilers at Home - Tulsa Oilers
- Louis-Jean Scores First ECHL Goal in Admirals' Victory Over Reading - Norfolk Admirals
- Kemp Nets Winner, Swamp Rabbits Score Three Unanswered to Top Gladiators in Overtime - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Lots of Frustration in Late Game Loss for Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Lacroix's Game-Winner Sets New Road Record for Toledo - Toledo Walleye
- Indy Erases Third-Period Deficit in 4-1 Win - Iowa Heartlanders
- Gladiators Defeated by Swamp Rabbits in OT - Atlanta Gladiators
- Poulter Stops 37 in 4-2 Win Over Growlers - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Topped by Thunder 4-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - February 8 - ECHL
- Ilya Nikolaev Placed on IR, Rush Sign Nicholas Latinovich - Rapid City Rush
- Mariners Acquire Jeszka from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- Kansas City Mavericks Trade Forward Griff Jeszka to Maine - Kansas City Mavericks
- Kansas City Mavericks Trade Forward Luke Morgan to the Kalamazoo Wings - Kansas City Mavericks
- K-Wings Acquire Rookie Forward Luke Morgan from Mavericks - Kalamazoo Wings
- Berkowitz Named UCALL/ECHL Official of the Month - ECHL
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs Gladiators (7:00pm) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Royals Open Road-Trip in Norfolk to Battle Admirals - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.