MacDonald and Hora Head to Lehigh Valley
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals, proud ECHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, announced Monday forward Josh MacDonald has signed a professional tryout contract (PTO) with Lehigh Valley and defenseman Frank Hora has been recalled from loan by the Phantoms.
MacDonald scored his team-leading 18th goal of the season for the Royals Saturday vs. Wheeling and ranks second on Reading with 31 points. It is the first time the 24-year-old native of London, ON has signed a PTO with Lehigh Valley. The fourth-year professional is in his first season with the Flyers organization; he scored 10 goals (19 pts.) in 31 games for Quad City last season and finished 2017-18 playing overseas in Norway. His single-season high for goals is 23, when MacDonald skated for Rapid City and Quad City. For his career, the 5-foot-11, 190-lb. winger has 66 goals and 133 points in 184 games.
Hora is in his second professional season and has played in 38 games for Reading this campaign, generating seven assists. The Cheektowaga, NY native finished third among ECHL rookies with a plus-23 rating last campaign (1g, 14 pts., 62 GP) and also played in eight games with Lehigh Valley (+3 rating). Prior to signing with the Flyers organization, Hora captained Kitchener (OHL) in 2016-17 and played with future Phantoms teammates Justin Bailey and Connor Bunnaman. Hora stands 6-foot-2 and weighs 209 pounds.
The Royals return to the ice next Sat., Jan. 26 at 7:05 p.m. at Wheeling. The next Royals home game is Wed., Jan. 30 vs. Maine at 7:00 p.m., featuring a postgame autograph session, pres. by Rieck's Printing.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 21, 2019
- Vanwormer Nets Two Goals in ECHL All Star Game - Kansas City Mavericks
- Eastern Conference Wins 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Outdoor Hockey Returns to Fifth Third Field - Toledo Walleye
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 7-4 Loss to Idaho on MLK Day - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Fall 7-4 to Idaho on MLK Day - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Open Road Trip with 7-4 Win over Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - January 21 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - January 21 - ECHL
- 'Blades Weekly: Back from the West; IceMen up Next - Florida Everblades
- Atlanta Wins Thriller in a Shootout 2-1 over Jacksonville for Fifth Straight Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- SC Announces Transactions to Start All-Star Break - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel Acquire Goaltender Gordon Defiel in Trade with South Carolina - Indy Fuel
- Royals in Playoff Positioning Heading to All-Star Break - Reading Royals
- Mariners Weekly: from a Nor'Easter to a White Out - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Weekly, January 21st - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Homestand Ends Today - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Break for ECHL All-Star Classic - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, January 21 - Wheeling Nailers
- Wings Weekly: Shootout Victory Sends Wings into All-Star Break on High Note - Kalamazoo Wings
- MacDonald and Hora Head to Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - January 21 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Royals Win 6-4 Thriller in 20th Anniversary Season Home Opener
- Royals Return Home for First Time in 594 Days for Opener against Norfolk
- Norfolk Edges Reading in 5-4 Overtime Loss, Nagle Saves 40
- Royals Open Season at Norfolk Scope against Admirals
- Royals Announce Season-Opening Roster