Thunder Weekly, January 21st
Wichita, KS - Wichita played rival, Kansas City, twice this past week. Take a look back at how the team fared in this edition of Thunder Weekly.
LAST WEEK'S GAMES -
Friday, January 18th
Kansas City at Wichita, 4-0 W recap
Watch highlights HERE
Saturday, January 19th
Wichita at Kansas City, 6-5 W (OT) recap
Watch highlights HERE
THIS WEEK'S GAMES - (All times are Central)
Saturday, January 26th
Idaho at Wichita, 7:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
-#ILOVEWICHITA Night. Buy Tickets Here.
Sunday, January 27th
Idaho at Wichita, 4:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
**All games can be heard on www.wichitathunder.com or on your smart phone with The Sin Bin App using the keyword The Sin Bin**
**Join Matthew Harding and Matthew Will before every game for the Sin Bin Wichita Thunder Pregame Show. The show starts at 6:20 p.m. for every game except Sunday home games, which starts at 3:20 p.m. You can listen on the Sin Bin app.**
Last 10: 2-6-2-0
Rank: 4th, Mountain Division, 42 points
Goals: Ralph Cuddemi, 18
Assists: Steven Iacobellis, 31
Points: Steven Iacobellis, 46
+/-: Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin, +11
PIM: Pierre-Cedric Labrie, 133
LAST WEEK - Wichita played the Kansas City Mavericks in a home-and-home series this past weekend. The Thunder shut down the Mavericks offense on Friday night and won by the final of 4-0. On Saturday, Wichita claimed a wild 6-5 overtime victory with Mark MacMillan scoring the game-winner.
MOVIN' ON UP - Wichita moved alone into fourth place over the weekend with a pair of wins against Kansas City. The Thunder have 42 points while the Mavericks have 41. Kansas City does have four games in hand on the Thunder, having only played 38 games to this point of the season.
SIX PACK - Mark MacMillan collected six points over the weekend. He had three assists on Friday night and recorded three more points (2g, 1a) on Saturday including the game-winner in overtime. He has points in three-straight games (3g, 4a).
MINUTEMAN - Steven Iacobellis has points in eight of his last nine games (5g, 8a). The University of Massachusetts product recorded a goal on Friday and followed that up with two more points (1g, 1a) on Saturday night.
WELCOME BACK - Stefan Fournier returned to the Thunder line-up on Friday night and had a solid weekend. He had a goal on Friday night and recorded two points on Saturday (1g, 1a). He also finished +4 over in the two games.
TEX MEX - Keoni Texeira has five points in his last two games (2g, 3a). He had a goal and an assist on Friday and followed that up with a goal and two assists on Saturday.
MOUNTAIN CLIMBING - Wichita continues its heavy Mountain Division schedule and will play their next nine games against division rivals before a meeting with Indy on February 16th.
THUNDERBOLTS... Keoni Texeira is first in power play assists and second in power play points (20)...Stuart Skinner is tied for the league lead in shootout wins (3)...Ralph Cuddemi is tied for the league-lead with 11 power play goals...Steven Iacobellis is third in the league and second among rookies with 46 points (15g, 31a)...Wichita is first on the power play (22.3%)...Wichita is 11-4-3-1 when leading after one...Wichita is 10-1-1-2 when leading after two...Wichita is 7-3-5-3 in one-goal games...
UP NEXT - Wichita hosts the Idaho Steelheads for a pair of games this weekend starting Friday night at 7:05 p.m.
Saturday night is #ILOVEWICHITA Night. Get this great family four pack to help commemorate the night. Click here to learn more on how you can get a package valued at $140 for just $65!
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 21, 2019
- Vanwormer Nets Two Goals in ECHL All Star Game - Kansas City Mavericks
- Eastern Conference Wins 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Outdoor Hockey Returns to Fifth Third Field - Toledo Walleye
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 7-4 Loss to Idaho on MLK Day - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Fall 7-4 to Idaho on MLK Day - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Open Road Trip with 7-4 Win over Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - January 21 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - January 21 - ECHL
- 'Blades Weekly: Back from the West; IceMen up Next - Florida Everblades
- Atlanta Wins Thriller in a Shootout 2-1 over Jacksonville for Fifth Straight Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- SC Announces Transactions to Start All-Star Break - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel Acquire Goaltender Gordon Defiel in Trade with South Carolina - Indy Fuel
- Royals in Playoff Positioning Heading to All-Star Break - Reading Royals
- Mariners Weekly: from a Nor'Easter to a White Out - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Weekly, January 21st - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Homestand Ends Today - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Break for ECHL All-Star Classic - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, January 21 - Wheeling Nailers
- Wings Weekly: Shootout Victory Sends Wings into All-Star Break on High Note - Kalamazoo Wings
- MacDonald and Hora Head to Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - January 21 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.