Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - January 21
Tulsa finishes road trip with 8 out of 10 possible points, as Oilers prepare for five game home stand.
OVERALL RECORD: 23-13-6
LAST WEEK: 2-1-0
Wednesday, Jan. 16 - Tulsa 4, Utah 1, (Maverik Center - West Valley City, UT)
>> The Tulsa Oilers continued on their ten-day road trip to face the Utah Grizzlies for the first time this season. Riding a 13-2 shots advantage, the Oilers jumped out to a 2-0 first period lead in the opener, thanks to goals from Scott Henegar and Charlie Sampair. Tulsa grew its advantage to 3-0 when Jared Thomas scored on the power play in the middle frame, and following Utah's only goal early in the third, Alex Kromm sealed the Oilers' victory with an empty net goal to make it 4-1. Tulsa held Utah to a season-low 14 shots for the game.
Friday, Jan. 18 - Tulsa 7, Utah 3 (Maverik Center - West Valley City, UT)
>> While the Grizzlies responded Friday with an early 9-3 shots advantage, Evan Fitzpatrick kept the game scoreless with several big saves before Sam Wilbur and Ian McNulty could provide back-to-back first period power play goals. McNulty added a second marker to make it 3-0 for Tulsa, chasing Grizzlies starting goalie Joe Cannata before the first period buzzer. Eric Drapluk and Scott Henegar both scored in the final five minutes of the middle stanza, and Adam Pleskach added a power play goal early in the third to bring the Oilers' lead to 6-0. Utah mustered up two power play goals to bring its deficit back down to four, but Jared Thomas scored a fourth power play tally to give Tulsa its season-high seventh goal of the game in an eventual 7-3 rout.
Saturday, Jan. 19 - Utah 4, Tulsa 1 (Maverik Center - West Valley City, UT)
>> In the series finale, the Oilers held a 15-11 shots advantage through a scoreless first period, but the Grizzlies scored back-to-back goals in the middle stanza on odd-man rushes to go up 2-0 after 40 minutes. Utah added an insurance goal midway through the third, before Tulsa's Charlie Sampair spoiled the shutout bid of Grizzlies goaltender Joe Cannata on an Oilers power play. Jake Marchment, who scored the Grizzlies first goal, added an empty-net tally to help Utah salvage two points for the week, snapping Tulsa's six-game winning streak.
THE WEEK AHEAD
Friday, Jan. 25 - Allen vs Tulsa, 7:05 p.m. - BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)
Saturday, Jan. 26 - Allen vs Tulsa, 7:05 p.m. - BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)
Sunday, Jan. 27 - Allen vs Tulsa, 4:05 p.m. - BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)
ON THE MOVE
- 1/18 - Ryan Tesink (F) loaned to San Antonio (AHL).
- 1/16 - Jared Thomas (F) loaned to Tulsa from San Diego (AHL).
- 1/16 - Scott Moldenhauer (D) loaned to Tulsa from San Diego (AHL)
- Jared Thomas has points in 13 of his last 15 games (8 goals, 11 assists).
- Charlie Sampair has 3 game-winning goals in the last 6 games.
- Ian McNulty had two multi-goal games during Tulsa's 5-game road trip.
- Tulsa has won 10 of its last 12 games since December 28.
- The Oilers have outscored their opponents 47-22 during that stretch.
- Tulsa's 4 power play goals Friday were the most it has scored in a game this season.
POINTS: 40 - Adam Pleskach
GOALS: 19 - Adam Pleskach
ASSISTS: 21 - Adam Pleskach
PLUS/MINUS: +16 - Steven Kaunisto
PIMS: 104 - Mike McKee
PP GOALS: 4 - Adam Pleskach
SH GOALS: 2 - Jared Thomas
GW GOALS: 6 - Charlie Sampair
SHOTS: 170 - Adam Pleskach
WINS: 14 - Devin Williams*
GAA: 2.23 - Devin Williams*
SAVE %: .913 - Devin Williams*
* - Loaned to San Antonio (AHL)
POWER PLAY: Overall - 24/176 (13.6%) - 24th in the ECHL
Last Week - 6/21 (28.6%)
PENALTY KILL: Overall - 129/156 (82.7%) - 16th in the ECHL
Last Week - 14/16 (87.5%)
Adam Pleskach is tied for second in franchise history with Doug Lawrence after scoring his 153rd goal in an Oilers uniform Friday at Utah. Pleskach is 11th in the ECHL with 40 points and 4th with 19 goals. He also leads the league with 170 shots on goal...Charlie Sampair leads the league with 6 game-winning goals. He's scored five game-winners since December 28th, when Tulsa snapped out of an 11-game losing skid...Steven Kaunisto is 15th among ECHL defenseman with 23 points, and has the most game-winning goals with 4...Kyle Rhodes is in 3rd among ECHL defensemen with 10 goals...Tulsa is the only ECHL team without a regulation loss (15-0-4) when scoring the first goal...The Oilers have allowed the fewest shots per game (26.07) in the league.
OUTSIDERS HOUSE MUSEUM NIGHT - FRIDAY, JAN. 25
Friday's game between the Tulsa Oilers and Allen Americans at 7:05 p.m. at the BOK Center will be the 2nd Annual "Outsiders Night". The Oilers will wear special jerseys which will be auctioned off following the game with proceeds benefiting the Outsiders House Museum Project.
YORK PLUMBING YOUTH JERSEY GIVEAWAY - SATURDAY, JAN. 26
Make sure to arrive early for Saturday's game between Tulsa and Allen at the BOK Center. The first 1,000 kids under 12 will receive a free youth Oilers jersey, presented by York Plumbing. Gates open at 6:00 p.m. for the 7:05 p.m. game.
POSTGAME SKATE - SUNDAY, JAN. 27
The Oilers and Americans wrap up the weekend series with a Sunday matinee at 4:05 p.m. Come out to the game and stick around after for a postgame skate with the Oilers players on the York Plumbing Ice at the BOK Center.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 21, 2019
- Vanwormer Nets Two Goals in ECHL All Star Game - Kansas City Mavericks
- Eastern Conference Wins 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Outdoor Hockey Returns to Fifth Third Field - Toledo Walleye
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 7-4 Loss to Idaho on MLK Day - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Fall 7-4 to Idaho on MLK Day - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Open Road Trip with 7-4 Win over Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - January 21 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - January 21 - ECHL
- 'Blades Weekly: Back from the West; IceMen up Next - Florida Everblades
- Atlanta Wins Thriller in a Shootout 2-1 over Jacksonville for Fifth Straight Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- SC Announces Transactions to Start All-Star Break - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel Acquire Goaltender Gordon Defiel in Trade with South Carolina - Indy Fuel
- Royals in Playoff Positioning Heading to All-Star Break - Reading Royals
- Mariners Weekly: from a Nor'Easter to a White Out - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Weekly, January 21st - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Homestand Ends Today - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Break for ECHL All-Star Classic - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, January 21 - Wheeling Nailers
- Wings Weekly: Shootout Victory Sends Wings into All-Star Break on High Note - Kalamazoo Wings
- MacDonald and Hora Head to Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - January 21 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tulsa Oilers Stories
- Oilers Acquire Defenseman Jake Bolton from Orlando in Exchange for Eric Drapluk
- Oil Drops: Oilers End Week with First Road Win Before Autism Awareness Night on Saturday
- Oilers Quiet Thunder 7-2 in First Road Win of Season
- Oilers Fall in First of Nine Matchups with Thunder
- Oilers Winning Streak Ended at Three by Red-Hot Americans