Lehigh Valley Phantoms to Host 2017 AHL All-Star Classic
Lehigh Valley, PA - American Hockey League President and CEO David Andrews announced today that the Lehigh Valley Phantoms have been selected to host the 2017 AHL All-Star Classic.
The 2017 AHL All-Star Classic weekend will include a Phan Fest & Tailgate Party on Saturday, January 28, followed by the AHL All-Star Skills Competition on Sunday, January 29, and the AHL Hall of Fame Induction and Awards Ceremony and the 2017 AHL All-Star Game on Monday, January 30.
"We are proud of the success of the Phantoms in quickly building one of the strongest and most vibrant fan bases in the AHL," said Andrews. "The beautiful PPL Center and surrounding amenities will provide a fantastic home for the AHL All-Star Classic, and we look forward to showcasing our best players, our rich history and the Lehigh Valley to fans from around the league and an international television audience next January."
"Being selected to host the AHL All-Star Classic is a huge honor and we are excited for the positive impact it will have on our community," said Phantoms co-owner/governor Jim Brooks. "We look forward to spotlighting the Lehigh Valley and showcasing the premier talent of the AHL on an international stage."
"We would like to thank our fans, supporters and talented staff for creating a fun and energetic atmosphere within the PPL Center that has been noticed by the American Hockey League," added Phantoms co-owner/governor Rob Brooks.
The American Hockey League will host a media availability session with David Andrews, Jim Brooks and Rob Brooks this evening at 6:00 p.m., on the John Walson Jr. Press Level at PPL Center, and the event logo for the 2017 AHL All-Star Classic will be unveiled prior to the Phantoms' home game tonight against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
Tickets for the 2017 AHL All-Star Classic weekend are on sale now. Tickets start at $67 and include admission to Saturday's Phan Fest & Tailgate Party, Sunday's All-Star Skills Competition and Monday's All-Star Game. To purchase tickets to the 2017 AHL All-Star Classic, visit www.phantomshockey.com or www.pplcenter.com.
The 2017 AHL All-Star Classic will feature the top young talent in the American Hockey League: since 1995, more than 93 percent of All-Star Classic participants have gone on to compete in the National Hockey League, including Patrice Bergeron, Ben Bishop, Troy Brouwer, Ryan Callahan, Zdeno Chara, Logan Couture, Jiri Hudler, Tyler Johnson, Chris Kunitz, Ryan Miller, Gustav Nyquist, Zach Parise, Tuukka Rask, Pekka Rinne, Bobby Ryan, Martin St. Louis, Cory Schneider, Patrick Sharp, Jason Spezza, Eric Staal, P.K. Subban and Mats Zuccarello.
In operation since 1936, the AHL continues to serve as the top development league for all 30 National Hockey League teams. More than 88 percent of today's NHL players are American Hockey League graduates, and for the 15th year in a row, more than 6 million fans have attended AHL games across North America in 2015-16.
The Phantoms return home to PPL Center tonight, Saturday, April 9, for a 7:05 p.m. clash with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, the AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders. Tonight's game is Faith Night, featuring a post-game concert with Christian hip-hop artist Tedashii. Fans are also encouraged to bring canned goods to tonight's game in support of the GIANT Canned Food Drive, which benefits the Second Harvest Food Bank of the Lehigh Valley. A limited number of tickets remain for tonight's contest and can be secured online at pplcenter.com, by calling 610-347-TIXX  or in-person at the Mealey's Furniture Box Office at PPL Center [701 Hamilton Street].
RISE UP! Reserve your season tickets for the 2016-2017 season of Lehigh Valley Phantoms hockey. For more information on how to reserve your seat at PPL Center to the hottest ticket in town, call the Phantoms front office today at 610-224-GOAL (4625)!
Upcoming Home Games:
Saturday, April 9, 2016, Bridgeport Sound Tigers vs. Lehigh Valley Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.
(Faith Night. GIANT Canned Food Drive.)
Friday, April 15, 2016, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins vs. Lehigh Valley Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.
Sunday, April 17, 2016, Syracuse Crunch vs. Lehigh Valley Phantoms, 5:05 p.m.
In the midst of their 20th season of operation, the Phantoms are coming off their Inaugural Season as the Lehigh Valley Phantoms playing at the brand-new PPL Center. Established in 1996, the Phantoms spent their first 13 seasons at the Spectrum in Philadelphia before re-locating to Glens Falls, New York in 2009 where the team spent the next five seasons as the Adirondack Phantoms. A new era of Phantoms hockey began in the fall of 2014 when the Lehigh Valley Phantoms began play at the state-of-the-art PPL Center. Through 19 incredibly successful campaigns, the Phantoms have captured two Calder Cup Championships (1998, 2005), two Conference Championships (1998, 2005), two Regular Season Titles (1996-97, 1997-98) and four Division Championships (1996-97, 1997-98, 1998-99, 2003-04).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 9, 2016
- Brodzinski and Newbury Lead Reign over Condors - Ontario Reign
- Griffins Fall 4-3 to Chicago Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Playoff Bound! Texas Comes Back for 8-5 Win to Clinch Playoff Berth - Texas Stars
- Monsters extend point streak to seven games with comeback win in Rochester - Cleveland Monsters
- Close-Call Comeback Effort Falls Just Short - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Mount Comeback Win over Griffins - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters Sneak by Amerks in Overtime - Rochester Americans
- Bears Mount Comeback But Penguins Hang On - Hershey Bears
- Bridgeport closer to clinching playoff spot - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stars Score Six Unanswered in 8-5 Barracuda Loss in Texas - San Jose Barracuda
- Rampage Stuns Wild for 4-3 OT Win - Iowa Wild
- Crunch Top Marlies, 3-2, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Close Home Schedule with 6-2 Win over Springfield - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Punch Playoff Ticket with 4-3 Win at Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Fall to Admirals 6-3 in Heated Battle - Charlotte Checkers
- Special Teams Lift B-Sens Past Devils - Binghamton Senators
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Clinches 14th-Straight Playoff Berth - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons Fall to Wolf Pack - Springfield Falcons
- Providence Takes Down Pirates on the Road, 6-1 - Providence Bruins
- Admirals Dump Checkers 6-3 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Albany Devils Streak against Binghamton Senators Ends - Albany Devils
- Comets Get Exactly What They Need in Overtime Loss - Utica Comets
- Fucale, Ellis Lift IceCaps over Comets in OT - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Clinch 2016 Calder Cup Playoff Spot - Utica Comets
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba vs. Rockford - April 9/16 - Manitoba Moose
- San Diego Gulls Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Garrett Thompson Reassigned to Fort Wayne - San Antonio Rampage
- Rangers Assign Marek Hrivik to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms to Host 2017 AHL All-Star Classic - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sabres Recall Goaltender Ullmark - Rochester Americans
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms to Host 2017 American Hockey League All-Star Classic - AHL
- Heat Open Covanta Easy Being Green Weekend at 7:30 Tonight vs. San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Condors Game Preview: the Hulk Is Here Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Return to the Road; Close Season Series with Condors Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Canes Sign Nicolas Roy to Entry-Level Contract - Charlotte Checkers
- Defenseman Troy Donnay Joins Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- McKenzie Reassigned to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Goaltender Martin Ouellette Returned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Islanders Recall Kearns, Quine - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Joel Lowry Shines as Reign Power Past Condors, 4-1 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- Phantoms Re-Sign F Steven Swavely to AHL Contract
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms Set 2019-2020 Promotional Schedule
- Phantoms Family Fun Returns with Preseason Games
- Lehigh Valley to Sponsor 2 NASCAR Series Rides at Pocono Raceway this Weekend
- Phantoms Charities Urban Greenway Dedication July 24