San Diego Gulls Announce Roster Moves
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Gulls announced today that right wing Stefan Noesen, left wing Nick Ritchie, center Michael Sgarbossa, defenseman Shea Theodore and right wing Corey Tropp have been recalled by the Anaheim Ducks, San Diego's National Hockey League affiliate. Additionally, right wing Matt Berry has been recalled from the Utah Grizzlies, San Diego's ECHL affiliate.
Noesen, 23 (2/12/93), has appeared in one game with Anaheim this season, going scoreless. The 6-2, 205-pound right wing has appeared in two career NHL games and has yet to record his first NHL point. A native of Plano, TX, Noesen has recorded 10-23=33 points in 64 games with San Diego this season.
Ritchie, 20 (12/5/95), has split time between Anaheim and San Diego this season, appearing in 31 games with the Ducks and recording 1-1=2 points with 37 penalty minutes (PIM). Appearing in his first professional season, Ritchie made his NHL debut with Anaheim on Nov. 16 at Carolina. The 6-2, 232-pound winger recoded his first career NHL goal on Mar. 14 vs. New Jersey. Ritchie has collected 16-13=29 points in 37 games with the Gulls.
Sgarbossa, 23 (7/25/92), has yet to appear with Anaheim. A native of Campbellville, ON, Sgarbossa has appeared in nine career NHL games with Colorado, recording one assist (0-1=1) with 14 PIM. The 6-0, 186-pound center ranks third among San Diego skaters with 16-26=42 points in 60 games.
Theodore, 20 (8/3/95), has appeared in 17 games with Anaheim this season, collecting 3-4=7 points with two PIM and a +7 rating. The rookie blueliner has recorded 9-29=38 points in 50 games with San Diego this season. Theodore made his NHL debut on Dec. 29 at Calgary and recorded his first career NHL goal on Jan. 13 vs. Ottawa.
Tropp, 26 (7/25/89), has yet to make his Anaheim debut. A native of Grosse Pointe Woods, MI, Tropp has appeared in 14 games with San Diego since being acquired in February, recording 4-6=10 points with 16 PIM and a +9 rating. The 6-0, 185-pound winger has collected 6-21=27 points in 148 career NHL games with Buffalo and Columbus.
Berry, 23 (8/18/92), has appeared in 13 games with San Diego this season, recording three goals (3-0=3) with four PIM. A native of Canton, MI, Berry has notched 16-21=37 points with a +11 rating in 38 games with the Utah Grizzlies this season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 9, 2016
- Brodzinski and Newbury Lead Reign over Condors - Ontario Reign
- Griffins Fall 4-3 to Chicago Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Playoff Bound! Texas Comes Back for 8-5 Win to Clinch Playoff Berth - Texas Stars
- Monsters extend point streak to seven games with comeback win in Rochester - Cleveland Monsters
- Close-Call Comeback Effort Falls Just Short - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Mount Comeback Win over Griffins - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters Sneak by Amerks in Overtime - Rochester Americans
- Bears Mount Comeback But Penguins Hang On - Hershey Bears
- Bridgeport closer to clinching playoff spot - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stars Score Six Unanswered in 8-5 Barracuda Loss in Texas - San Jose Barracuda
- Rampage Stuns Wild for 4-3 OT Win - Iowa Wild
- Crunch Top Marlies, 3-2, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Close Home Schedule with 6-2 Win over Springfield - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Punch Playoff Ticket with 4-3 Win at Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Fall to Admirals 6-3 in Heated Battle - Charlotte Checkers
- Special Teams Lift B-Sens Past Devils - Binghamton Senators
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Clinches 14th-Straight Playoff Berth - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons Fall to Wolf Pack - Springfield Falcons
- Providence Takes Down Pirates on the Road, 6-1 - Providence Bruins
- Admirals Dump Checkers 6-3 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Albany Devils Streak against Binghamton Senators Ends - Albany Devils
- Comets Get Exactly What They Need in Overtime Loss - Utica Comets
- Fucale, Ellis Lift IceCaps over Comets in OT - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Clinch 2016 Calder Cup Playoff Spot - Utica Comets
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba vs. Rockford - April 9/16 - Manitoba Moose
- San Diego Gulls Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Garrett Thompson Reassigned to Fort Wayne - San Antonio Rampage
- Rangers Assign Marek Hrivik to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms to Host 2017 AHL All-Star Classic - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sabres Recall Goaltender Ullmark - Rochester Americans
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms to Host 2017 American Hockey League All-Star Classic - AHL
- Heat Open Covanta Easy Being Green Weekend at 7:30 Tonight vs. San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Condors Game Preview: the Hulk Is Here Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Return to the Road; Close Season Series with Condors Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Canes Sign Nicolas Roy to Entry-Level Contract - Charlotte Checkers
- Defenseman Troy Donnay Joins Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- McKenzie Reassigned to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Goaltender Martin Ouellette Returned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Islanders Recall Kearns, Quine - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Joel Lowry Shines as Reign Power Past Condors, 4-1 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Gulls Stories
- San Diego Gulls Set 2020-21 Training Camp Roster
- San Diego Gulls Announce 2020-21 Preseason Schedule
- San Diego Gulls Sign Glass, Brouillard, Kanzig and Lowe to One-Year Contracts
- San Diego Gulls to Open 2021 Training Camp Monday, January 11 at Great Park Ice in Irvine, Calif.
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Anthony Stolarz to Two-Year Contract