Falcons Fall to Wolf Pack
Hartford, CT - The Springfield Falcons saw a rough second period cost them in Hartford as they fell 6-2 to the Wolf Pack at the XL Center on Saturday night.
Hartford jumped out to an early lead thanks to a nifty passing play that started with Jayson Megna rushing the puck up ice. He found Kodie Curran, who slid a pass over to Luke Adam in front of the net. Adam deposited his eleventh of the season past Adin Hill at 4:21. The Falcons struck back later in the period, as Craig Cunningham tied the game at one goal apiece thanks to his 20th goal of the season. Domenic Monardo and Ross Mauermann would each add assists on the marker, scored at 13:23 of the frame.
The Wolf Pack's offense exploded in the middle frame, pulling Hartford away from the Falcons. Megna scored his 14th of the season from Mat Bodie and Chad Nehring just 29 seconds into the stanza to give the Wolf Pack a lead they did not lose. The quick strike offense doubled the lead as Chris Brown added his sixth of the season from Bodie and Adam Tambellini at 13:31. Just 25 seconds later, Daniel Paille tallied his sixth of the season from Brown and Cristoval Nieves to put Hartford up 4-1. Nick Tarnasky deposited his 15th of the season at 14:50 to complete a stretch of three goals in 1:19 for the home side. Nicklas Jensen picked up an assist on the goal that extended the score to 5-1.
Chris Summers added to Hartford's lead just 3:38 into the third period as he blasted his second goal of the season past Hill. Tambellini and Nehring both added their second helpers of the evening. The Falcons kept battling, and as a result cut into the lead when Cunningham rifled home his second of the night and 21st of the season. Both Monardo and Mauermann assisted on the goal scored at 10:06. Adin Hill made 22 saves in the loss, which was also his debut with the team. Mackenzie Skapski made 28 saves in the victory, which pushed his record to 3-6-0 on the season.
The Falcons return home to host the Providence Bruins tomorrow night at 5:00 p.m. at the MassMutual Center. The game is also Danny Briere bobblehead night and the Falcons' legend will be in attendance.
To reserve your seats, call 413-739-GOAL (4625) or visit the team office inside the MassMutual Center Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For all the latest Falcons information and updates, follow the Birds at www.falconsahl.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/falconsahl and on Twitter (@TheFalconsAHL) using #YourTownYourTeam.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 9, 2016
- Brodzinski and Newbury Lead Reign over Condors - Ontario Reign
- Griffins Fall 4-3 to Chicago Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Playoff Bound! Texas Comes Back for 8-5 Win to Clinch Playoff Berth - Texas Stars
- Monsters extend point streak to seven games with comeback win in Rochester - Cleveland Monsters
- Close-Call Comeback Effort Falls Just Short - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Mount Comeback Win over Griffins - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters Sneak by Amerks in Overtime - Rochester Americans
- Bears Mount Comeback But Penguins Hang On - Hershey Bears
- Bridgeport closer to clinching playoff spot - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stars Score Six Unanswered in 8-5 Barracuda Loss in Texas - San Jose Barracuda
- Rampage Stuns Wild for 4-3 OT Win - Iowa Wild
- Crunch Top Marlies, 3-2, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Close Home Schedule with 6-2 Win over Springfield - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Punch Playoff Ticket with 4-3 Win at Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Fall to Admirals 6-3 in Heated Battle - Charlotte Checkers
- Special Teams Lift B-Sens Past Devils - Binghamton Senators
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Clinches 14th-Straight Playoff Berth - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons Fall to Wolf Pack - Springfield Falcons
- Providence Takes Down Pirates on the Road, 6-1 - Providence Bruins
- Admirals Dump Checkers 6-3 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Albany Devils Streak against Binghamton Senators Ends - Albany Devils
- Comets Get Exactly What They Need in Overtime Loss - Utica Comets
- Fucale, Ellis Lift IceCaps over Comets in OT - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Clinch 2016 Calder Cup Playoff Spot - Utica Comets
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba vs. Rockford - April 9/16 - Manitoba Moose
- San Diego Gulls Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Garrett Thompson Reassigned to Fort Wayne - San Antonio Rampage
- Rangers Assign Marek Hrivik to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms to Host 2017 AHL All-Star Classic - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sabres Recall Goaltender Ullmark - Rochester Americans
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms to Host 2017 American Hockey League All-Star Classic - AHL
- Heat Open Covanta Easy Being Green Weekend at 7:30 Tonight vs. San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Condors Game Preview: the Hulk Is Here Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Return to the Road; Close Season Series with Condors Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Canes Sign Nicolas Roy to Entry-Level Contract - Charlotte Checkers
- Defenseman Troy Donnay Joins Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- McKenzie Reassigned to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Goaltender Martin Ouellette Returned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Islanders Recall Kearns, Quine - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Joel Lowry Shines as Reign Power Past Condors, 4-1 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.