Komets Acquire Goaltender Guggenberger from Gwinnett
Fort Wayne, IN-- The Komets announced today that goaltender Mark Guggenberger has been acquired from Gwinnett in exchange for future considerations.
Guggenberger, 26, has spent the season appearing in 23 ECHL games with Gwinnett registering a 6-12-2 record, 3.46 goals-against average and .893 save percentage.
The Richfield, Minnesota native made his pro debut appearing in 39 games with Texas in the Central Hockey League during 2011-12 posting a league-best three shutouts, all consecutively, setting the league record for the longest shutout streak for a goaltender (238:31). Guggenberger earned the CHL's Goaltender of the Year award and was named Rookie of the Year with a 22-11-3 record while leading with a 2.27 goals-against average.
Guggenberger made his ECHL debut in 2012-13 and ranked third among goaltenders with a 2.23 goals-against average while leading Alaska to the ECHL regular season title (Brabham Cup). Last year Guggenberger made his AHL debut appearing in one game with Rochester. He also logged 18 CHL games with Allen and appeared in six ECHL games with Alaska before joining Gwinnett for 16 games to complete the season.
Guggenberger has amassed ECHL totals of 46-26-7 and 2.65 goals-against average in 84 games.
Home for two this weekend-- Friday the Komets host Toledo at 8pm in a battle for first place in the ECHL North Division before traveling to Cincinnati Saturday for a 7:35 faceoff at U.S. Bank Arena. Sunday the Komets and Cyclones return to Fort Wayne for a 5pm matinee at the Coliseum.
Marathon Night Friday-- Fans can earn a buy-one-get-one-free ticket offer with the purchase of three fill-ups at any participating Marathon location. Save with your Marathon Fill-Up Card this Friday when the Komets host the Toledo Walleye.
KIDS SEAT FREE Sunday-- It's another Kids Seat Free Night this Sunday when the Komets welcome the Cincinnati Cyclones courtesy Aunt Millie's, Parkview Health and the Komets. Any child under the age of 12 can see the game for free with a full-priced adult ticket purchase. Bring your skates-- Also, fans are invited to bring their skates for a free postgame skate courtesy Wendy's.
Komets Ticket information-- Komets tickets may be purchased at the Coliseum Ticket Office or online at www.ticketmaster.com. Discounted Group Tickets are also on sale for all Komet home games at the Komet office at 1010 Memorial Way. 2015-15 Season Tickets are on sale at the Komet office. For ticket information call 260-483-0011 or visit www.komets.com.
Komet Hockey on WOWO Radio and OmniSource Radio Recycle on the web-- Follow the Komets on WOWO Radio AM 1190 and FM 92.3 with Bob Chase radio-rinkside. All Komet radio broadcasts can also be heard worldwide on the web at Komets.com presented by OmniSource Radio Recycle.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 12, 2015
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Release Goaltender Kenny Reiter - Reading Royals
- 'Blades Acquire Forward Ray Kaunisto as Trade Deadline Closes - Florida Everblades
- Aces Acquire LW Dean Chelios from the Indy Fuel in Exchange for Defenseman Quinn Sproule - Alaska Aces
- Fuel Acquire Sproule from Alaska - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - Wichita Thunder
- Aces Acquire Defenseman Landon Oslanski from the Missouri Mavericks in Exchange for Forward Tyler Cu - Alaska Aces
- Deadline Deal Sends Kaunisto to Florida for Futures - Evansville IceMen
- Tyler Currier Returns to the Mavericks in Trade with Aces; Landon Oslanski Dealt to Alaska - Kansas City Mavericks
- Dieude-Fauvel, Perry Return to Mallards; Rioux Back to Iowa - Quad City Mallards
- Akim Aliu Acquired from Bakersfield - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mallards Jersey Auction Saturday Night to Benefit Genesis Family Connects - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Ink Rookie Garrick Perry - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Acquire Karlsson and Vance from Steelheads; Missouri Trades Martin Lee to Idaho - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Acquire Defenseman from Missouri - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets Acquire Goaltender Guggenberger from Gwinnett - Fort Wayne Komets
- Guggenberger to Fort Wayne for Futures - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Acquire High-Scoring Forward Pierro-Zabotel - Florida Everblades
- Mavericks Acquire Three Players from Cyclones; Missouri Trades Jack Downing to Cincinnati - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gladiators Pick up Two from the Everblades - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Acquire Jack Downing from Missouri - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Warriors Aim for Largest ECHL Crowd this Season - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Falcons Recall DiPaolo from Reign - Ontario Reign
- Stingrays Add Goaltender Jeff Wyer - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Sign Rookie Defenseman Coldwell - Quad City Mallards
- Aces settle for one point in record 17-round shootout - Alaska Aces
- Eagles, Nixon Comeback against Aces After Shootout, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Stockton Heat Coming Fall 2015 - Stockton Thunder
- Shorthanded Thunder Battle Hard But Fall Short in Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Strike Thunder in 6-3 Win - Ontario Reign
- Idaho Puts Five on the Board in Win over Condors - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.