Mallards Jersey Auction Saturday Night to Benefit Genesis Family Connects
MOLINE, Ill. (March 12, 2015) - The Quad City Mallards will team with Genesis for a game-worn jersey auction after Saturday night's 7:05 p.m. game between the Mallards and Wichita Thunder to benefit Genesis Family Connects that will be the culmination of an active week in the community for the Mallards.
This evening "Tip-A-Mallard" will see Mallards players wait tables at Bierstube locations in Moline and LeClaire to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. Tomorrow evening players will go bowling with members of the R.I.A. Federal Credit Union Mallards Kids Club while other Mallards will meet fans at Disc Replay in Davenport. In addition, mascot Mo Mallard will head to Viola tomorrow to support the American Heart Association at Winola Elementary School.
Saturday night, the Mallards' second jersey auction of the season will benefit the Family Connects program, which ensures that within the first 3 weeks of babies leaving the hospital, specially trained Genesis Visiting Nurses will provide in-home health assessments of mothers and newborns, as well as discuss the social conditions affecting the family. The program works to connect parents with essential community resources they need to raise a healthy child. Family Connects is open to all families regardless of income, status or number of children in the home.
The special edition jerseys the Mallards will wear Saturday evening are based on the concept provided by Australian Heath Morrison, the winner of the team's fan jersey design contest. On January 31, the Mallards' first jersey auction of campaign raised nearly $20,000 for the Genesis Flu-Free QC program. Over the last 20 years, Mallards jersey auctions have raised over $800,000 to benefit Genesis Health System charities. Saturday night's auction will be conducted by Stenzel Auction Service, a family owned business that has been providing auction and appraisal services for over 50 years. More information on Stenzel Auction Service and be found at www.stenzelauction.com.
The Mallards will arrive at the iWireless Center Saturday evening on the heels of a busy few days. Players will, of course, shed their skates and sticks tonight for "Tip-A-Mallard" from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. All tips collected by players/waiters at both Bierstubes will go to the Wounded Warrior Project. The downtown Moline Bierstube is located at 415 15th Street. The LeClaire Bierstube can be found at 1001 Canal Shore Drive Southwest. The Wounded Warrior Project serves veterans and service members who incurred a physical or mental injury, illness, or wound, co-incident to their military service on or after September 11, 2001 and their families. More information on the Wounded Warrior project can be found at www.woundedwarriorproject.org/.
Mallards will duel with Kids Club members on the lanes of Highland Bowl in Moline from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. tomorrow evening. Meanwhile, other Mallards will head to Disc Replay's NorthPark Mall store in Davenport from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. tomorrow night to spend time with fans and sign autographs. Never one to be left out, Mo will join Winola Elementary students for the 1:00 p.m. kick-off of the school's Jump Rope for Heart tomorrow.
Tickets for Saturday night's contest- and all remaining Mallards regular season home games- are on sale now at the iWireless Center box office, Ticketmaster outlets, ticketmaster.com and Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free at 1-800-745-3000. The box office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and game days from 10:00 a.m. until the start of the second period. Tickets are available for $10, $16, $20 and $28.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 12, 2015
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Release Goaltender Kenny Reiter - Reading Royals
- 'Blades Acquire Forward Ray Kaunisto as Trade Deadline Closes - Florida Everblades
- Aces Acquire LW Dean Chelios from the Indy Fuel in Exchange for Defenseman Quinn Sproule - Alaska Aces
- Fuel Acquire Sproule from Alaska - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - Wichita Thunder
- Aces Acquire Defenseman Landon Oslanski from the Missouri Mavericks in Exchange for Forward Tyler Cu - Alaska Aces
- Deadline Deal Sends Kaunisto to Florida for Futures - Evansville IceMen
- Tyler Currier Returns to the Mavericks in Trade with Aces; Landon Oslanski Dealt to Alaska - Kansas City Mavericks
- Dieude-Fauvel, Perry Return to Mallards; Rioux Back to Iowa - Quad City Mallards
- Akim Aliu Acquired from Bakersfield - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mallards Jersey Auction Saturday Night to Benefit Genesis Family Connects - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Ink Rookie Garrick Perry - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Acquire Karlsson and Vance from Steelheads; Missouri Trades Martin Lee to Idaho - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Acquire Defenseman from Missouri - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets Acquire Goaltender Guggenberger from Gwinnett - Fort Wayne Komets
- Guggenberger to Fort Wayne for Futures - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Acquire High-Scoring Forward Pierro-Zabotel - Florida Everblades
- Mavericks Acquire Three Players from Cyclones; Missouri Trades Jack Downing to Cincinnati - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gladiators Pick up Two from the Everblades - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Acquire Jack Downing from Missouri - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Warriors Aim for Largest ECHL Crowd this Season - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Falcons Recall DiPaolo from Reign - Ontario Reign
- Stingrays Add Goaltender Jeff Wyer - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Sign Rookie Defenseman Coldwell - Quad City Mallards
- Aces settle for one point in record 17-round shootout - Alaska Aces
- Eagles, Nixon Comeback against Aces After Shootout, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Stockton Heat Coming Fall 2015 - Stockton Thunder
- Shorthanded Thunder Battle Hard But Fall Short in Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Strike Thunder in 6-3 Win - Ontario Reign
- Idaho Puts Five on the Board in Win over Condors - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings