Warriors Aim for Largest ECHL Crowd this Season
Greenville, SC - In a continued effort to prove that Upstate South Carolina is a true hockey community, the Greenville Road Warriors, proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack, are excited to announce the team's goal to draw the league's largest crowd of the season to the Bon Secours Wellness Arena for "Fan Appreciation Night" presented by Hilton Greenville on April 11th.
The initiative comes in celebration of team owner Fred Festa's announcement on March 4th that the Road Warriors have signed a new, five-year lease with the Bon Secours Wellness Arena, and the reiteration of his commitment to making hockey a success in Greenville.
"The announcement Fred made last week in conjunction with our partners from the Bon Secours Wellness Arena has generated great excitement and lets the entire community know that the future of hockey in Greenville is bright," General Manager Chris Lewis said.
"We want to demonstrate the days of big hockey crowds in Greenville are not relegated only to the late nineties and that present day Greenville is a hockey market. It will take more than 12,300 fans coming out for our final regular-season home game to set the mark for the league's largest crowd this season. We have a great night planned that will be exciting and fun for everyone and we look forward to seeing the community come out in force and be a big part of the celebration and festivities."
The Road Warriors will offer two special ticket prices for the final home game of the regular season on April 11th. Fans will be able to purchase Lower Level tickets for as low as $10 and specially priced Upper Level tickets for just $7.50 in advance or on game day while supplies last! In addition, all returning groups of 15 or more will qualify to receive an extra discount on group tickets for the game as well! Group tickets can be ordered by calling the team's front office at 864-678-7825. "Fan Appreciation Night" presented by Hilton Greenville will also include several other big-time promotions, giveaways and specials.
The evening will be highlighted by promotions and events that include:
The chance to win a trip for four (4) to Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida that includes airfare, hotel accommodations and park passes courtesy of Hilton Greenville.
The chance to win one of the Road Warriors' New York Rangers-style jerseys right off a player's back following the game.
Appearance by the Hanson brothers - Stars of the classic hockey movie, Slapshot.
Special appearance and National Anthem performance by FOX Carolina's Nicole Papay.
A pre-game Fan Fest on the plaza that will include live entertainment performed by the band, Hitmob, interactive games for kids, the chance to meet the Hanson brothers, and food and beverage specials*.
The chance to win a VIP experience at the BMW Charity Pro-Am.
Special $10 Lower Level tickets available online via TicketMaster.com and at the Box Office both in advance and on game day.
Special $7.50 pricing on Upper Level tickets available at the Box Office in advance and day of game.
Prizes given away throughout the game.
*The pre-game Fan Fest will begin at 5:00 p.m. and will feature 99-cent wings, 3-for-$3 pork sliders and 2-for-1 beers. Those specials will also be available to season ticket holders in the Concourse Club during the game. In addition, all fans will have the opportunity to take advantage of $2 food and beverage specials including hot dogs, pretzels, beers and sodas at the concourse concession stands during the game.
The puck drops between the Road Warriors and Gwinnett Gladiators at 7:00 p.m. for the final I-85 rivalry game of the season.
Follow: Keep up with the Road Warriors all season long and interact with other fans on the Official Road Warriors Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest and Instagram pages.
Next Time Out: Greenville continues a three-game road trip on Friday in Estero, Florida with the team's eighth meeting against the Florida Everblades this season. The puck drops at 7:30 p.m. at Germain Arena and fans can listen or watch the game live via ECHL.TV.
The Road Warriors return to SANDLAPPER Securities Rink at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena on Thursday, March 19th to take on the Cincinnati Cyclones for "CDS Night" presented by SANDLAPPER Securities. Fans can purchase special tickets for the game with a portion of the proceeds donated to The Center for Developmental Services by visiting GreenvilleRoadWarriors.com/CDS.
The 7:00 p.m. contest will also feature $2 food and beverage specials as well as special $5 tickets available at the Box Office while supplies last. The Road Warriors will also offer the new "Student Rush" promotion featuring a blue-level, center-ice ticket and a personal pan pizza for just $15! The offer is available only at the Box Office to students who show a valid ID after 5:00 p.m. on March 19th.
For tickets or more information, please call a Road Warriors Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK or visit GreenvilleRoadWarriors.com/tickets-overview.html!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 12, 2015
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Release Goaltender Kenny Reiter - Reading Royals
- 'Blades Acquire Forward Ray Kaunisto as Trade Deadline Closes - Florida Everblades
- Aces Acquire LW Dean Chelios from the Indy Fuel in Exchange for Defenseman Quinn Sproule - Alaska Aces
- Fuel Acquire Sproule from Alaska - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - Wichita Thunder
- Aces Acquire Defenseman Landon Oslanski from the Missouri Mavericks in Exchange for Forward Tyler Cu - Alaska Aces
- Deadline Deal Sends Kaunisto to Florida for Futures - Evansville IceMen
- Tyler Currier Returns to the Mavericks in Trade with Aces; Landon Oslanski Dealt to Alaska - Kansas City Mavericks
- Dieude-Fauvel, Perry Return to Mallards; Rioux Back to Iowa - Quad City Mallards
- Akim Aliu Acquired from Bakersfield - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mallards Jersey Auction Saturday Night to Benefit Genesis Family Connects - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Ink Rookie Garrick Perry - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Acquire Karlsson and Vance from Steelheads; Missouri Trades Martin Lee to Idaho - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Acquire Defenseman from Missouri - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets Acquire Goaltender Guggenberger from Gwinnett - Fort Wayne Komets
- Guggenberger to Fort Wayne for Futures - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Acquire High-Scoring Forward Pierro-Zabotel - Florida Everblades
- Mavericks Acquire Three Players from Cyclones; Missouri Trades Jack Downing to Cincinnati - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gladiators Pick up Two from the Everblades - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Acquire Jack Downing from Missouri - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Warriors Aim for Largest ECHL Crowd this Season - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Falcons Recall DiPaolo from Reign - Ontario Reign
- Stingrays Add Goaltender Jeff Wyer - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Sign Rookie Defenseman Coldwell - Quad City Mallards
- Aces settle for one point in record 17-round shootout - Alaska Aces
- Eagles, Nixon Comeback against Aces After Shootout, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Stockton Heat Coming Fall 2015 - Stockton Thunder
- Shorthanded Thunder Battle Hard But Fall Short in Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Strike Thunder in 6-3 Win - Ontario Reign
- Idaho Puts Five on the Board in Win over Condors - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Swamp Rabbits Stories
- Swamp Rabbits Release 2020-21 Season-Ending Roster
- Greenville's Season Ends on Monday Night in Charleston
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at Stingrays, 7:05 PM Eastern Conference Finals (Game 4)
- Rays Rally Late to Snatch 2-1 Series Lead
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs. Stingrays, 7:05 PM Eastern Conference Finals (Game 3)