Fuel Acquire Sproule from Alaska
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and the AHL's Rockford IceHogs, acquired rookie defenseman Quinn Sproule from the Alaska Aces on Thursday in exchange for rookie forward Dean Chelios. A 5'11", 190 lb. left-handed shooting blue-liner from Hussar, Alberta, Sproule notched five goals, 13 points and a +11 rating in 36 appearances for the Aces this season.
In 138 career NCAA appearances for the WCHA's University of Alaska-Anchorage, Sproule registered five goals, 25 points and 89 penalty minutes in four varsity seasons from 2010 to 2014. Prior to his collegiate career, Sproule spent two seasons in the junior ranks with the AJHL's Okotoks Oilers, netting 21 goals, 57 points and 225 penalty minutes in 118 appearances from 2008 to 2010. Sproule will wear number six for the Fuel.
The son of Hockey Hall of Fame inductee Chris Chelios and a former Michigan State Spartan, Chelios collected two goals and 14 points in 36 appearances for the Fuel in the first full campaign of his professional career. In eight games played for the Toledo Walleye at the conclusion of the 2013-14 season, Chelios logged four penalty minutes.
In four collegiate seasons with Michigan State from 2009 to 2014, Chelios scored 25 goals and 53 points, along with 80 combined penalty minutes in 139 games played for the Spartans. In two seasons in the USHL for the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders and Chicago Steel from 2007 to 2009, the 6'2", 185 lb. left-handed shooting winger from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan notched 25 goals, 72 points and 61 penalty minutes in 108 appearances.
Next up for the Fuel, it's a "Friday the Thirteenth" clash vs. the Evansville IceMen with the opening faceoff set for 7:35 pm at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. In celebration of Indiana Comic Con, fans attending the game dressed as their favorite comic book character will receive a $5 concessions voucher and the first 1,000 ticket holders through the gates will receive an Indy Fuel comic book! For tickets, visit any Ticketmaster location, www.Ticketmaster.com or swing by the Indiana Farmers Coliseum box office during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Full television coverage of Friday's game begins at 7:30 pm on HTSN with Jim Mirabello on the call and full radio coverage starts with the "Jose Cuervo Pregame Show" at 7:20 pm over the air on CBS Sports 1430 WXNT-AM, online at www.cbssports1430.com and on smartphones everywhere via the free "TuneIn" Radio app with Fuel broadcaster Tony Brown providing the play-by-play.
In 2014-15, the Indy Fuel, the proud "AA" affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and AHL's Rockford IceHogs, drop the puck on their first season in the ECHL. Season ticket packages for the Fuel's inaugural campaign are available now starting at just under $12 per game! To reserve your seats, contact the Fuel today at (317) 925-FUEL or visit www.indyfuelhockey.com for more information. Be sure to follow the Fuel on Twitter @IndyFuel and don't forget to 'Like' the official "Indy Fuel" fan page on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 12, 2015
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Release Goaltender Kenny Reiter - Reading Royals
- 'Blades Acquire Forward Ray Kaunisto as Trade Deadline Closes - Florida Everblades
- Aces Acquire LW Dean Chelios from the Indy Fuel in Exchange for Defenseman Quinn Sproule - Alaska Aces
- Fuel Acquire Sproule from Alaska - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - Wichita Thunder
- Aces Acquire Defenseman Landon Oslanski from the Missouri Mavericks in Exchange for Forward Tyler Cu - Alaska Aces
- Deadline Deal Sends Kaunisto to Florida for Futures - Evansville IceMen
- Tyler Currier Returns to the Mavericks in Trade with Aces; Landon Oslanski Dealt to Alaska - Kansas City Mavericks
- Dieude-Fauvel, Perry Return to Mallards; Rioux Back to Iowa - Quad City Mallards
- Akim Aliu Acquired from Bakersfield - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mallards Jersey Auction Saturday Night to Benefit Genesis Family Connects - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Ink Rookie Garrick Perry - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Acquire Karlsson and Vance from Steelheads; Missouri Trades Martin Lee to Idaho - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Acquire Defenseman from Missouri - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets Acquire Goaltender Guggenberger from Gwinnett - Fort Wayne Komets
- Guggenberger to Fort Wayne for Futures - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Acquire High-Scoring Forward Pierro-Zabotel - Florida Everblades
- Mavericks Acquire Three Players from Cyclones; Missouri Trades Jack Downing to Cincinnati - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gladiators Pick up Two from the Everblades - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Acquire Jack Downing from Missouri - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Warriors Aim for Largest ECHL Crowd this Season - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Falcons Recall DiPaolo from Reign - Ontario Reign
- Stingrays Add Goaltender Jeff Wyer - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Sign Rookie Defenseman Coldwell - Quad City Mallards
- Aces settle for one point in record 17-round shootout - Alaska Aces
- Eagles, Nixon Comeback against Aces After Shootout, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Stockton Heat Coming Fall 2015 - Stockton Thunder
- Shorthanded Thunder Battle Hard But Fall Short in Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Strike Thunder in 6-3 Win - Ontario Reign
- Idaho Puts Five on the Board in Win over Condors - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.