Aces Acquire Defenseman Landon Oslanski from the Missouri Mavericks in Exchange for Forward Tyler Cu
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Alaska Aces, three time Kelly Cup champions, and head coach Rob Murray announced today that the team has acquired defenseman Landon Oslanski from the Missouri Mavericks in exchange for forward Tyler Currier. In addition, defenseman Colten Hayes has been recalled by the Chicago Wolves (AHL) and reassigned to Missouri.
Oslanski, 22, is expected to be available to play tomorrow, when the Aces host the Colorado Eagles at Sullivan Arena, and wear jersey #44.
"Landon has established himself as a valuable right-handed power play presence on the blueline, an area of need that we had to address at the trade deadline," said Murray. "We like his potential and have expectations of his game making a positive and immediate impact."
The 5-foot-11, 186 pound defenseman has 26 points (7g-19a) and seven goals in 58 games this season with Rapid City and Missouri and represented the Mavericks with an assist in this year's ECHL All-Star Classic. Oslanski led the Mavericks in power play points (16) and was tied for second on the club with five power play goals.
Last season, he spent his first full campaign with the Stockton Thunder, recording 27 points (8g-19a), a rating of +4 and 71 penalty minutes in 67 games which led the club's rookie defensemen in scoring and ranked second overall. He has 13 games of Kelly Cup Playoff experience, recording three assists.
The native of Camrose, Alberta suited up in 279 career games with Lethbridge and Everett of the Western Hockey League and collected 118 points (33g-85a) and 335 penalty minutes.
Currier, 26, has one goal, three assists and 29 penalty minutes in 22 games with the Aces this season. He was signed by Alaska as a free agent on Aug. 21, 2014.
Hayes, 25, returns to Missouri after combining for 12 points (4g-8a) and 42 penalty minutes in 33 combined games with the Aces and Mavericks this season. Hayes signed a two-way contract with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League on July 30, 2014.
UPCOMING GAME INFORMATION
The Aces return to play tomorrow, hosting the Colorado Eagles at Sullivan Arena, starting at 7:15 p.m. (GCI/KFQD). Friday and Saturday, Mar. 13-14, the Aces will host a St. Patrick's Day emphasized weekend featuring event themed promotions and giveaways. The Aces will wear a specialty "Celtic inspired" jersey, available for bidding to all fans in attendance after Saturday's game.
The Aces are the official ECHL affiliate of the St. Louis Blues and Minnesota Wild of the NHL. Season ticket and sponsorship packages are currently available through the Aces office at 15th & Gambell. For more information, please call the Aces at 907.258.ACES or visit them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey or visit them on Twitter, @AlaskaAces.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 12, 2015
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Release Goaltender Kenny Reiter - Reading Royals
- 'Blades Acquire Forward Ray Kaunisto as Trade Deadline Closes - Florida Everblades
- Aces Acquire LW Dean Chelios from the Indy Fuel in Exchange for Defenseman Quinn Sproule - Alaska Aces
- Fuel Acquire Sproule from Alaska - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - Wichita Thunder
- Aces Acquire Defenseman Landon Oslanski from the Missouri Mavericks in Exchange for Forward Tyler Cu - Alaska Aces
- Deadline Deal Sends Kaunisto to Florida for Futures - Evansville IceMen
- Tyler Currier Returns to the Mavericks in Trade with Aces; Landon Oslanski Dealt to Alaska - Kansas City Mavericks
- Dieude-Fauvel, Perry Return to Mallards; Rioux Back to Iowa - Quad City Mallards
- Akim Aliu Acquired from Bakersfield - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mallards Jersey Auction Saturday Night to Benefit Genesis Family Connects - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Ink Rookie Garrick Perry - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Acquire Karlsson and Vance from Steelheads; Missouri Trades Martin Lee to Idaho - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Acquire Defenseman from Missouri - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets Acquire Goaltender Guggenberger from Gwinnett - Fort Wayne Komets
- Guggenberger to Fort Wayne for Futures - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Acquire High-Scoring Forward Pierro-Zabotel - Florida Everblades
- Mavericks Acquire Three Players from Cyclones; Missouri Trades Jack Downing to Cincinnati - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gladiators Pick up Two from the Everblades - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Acquire Jack Downing from Missouri - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Warriors Aim for Largest ECHL Crowd this Season - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Falcons Recall DiPaolo from Reign - Ontario Reign
- Stingrays Add Goaltender Jeff Wyer - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Sign Rookie Defenseman Coldwell - Quad City Mallards
- Aces settle for one point in record 17-round shootout - Alaska Aces
- Eagles, Nixon Comeback against Aces After Shootout, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Stockton Heat Coming Fall 2015 - Stockton Thunder
- Shorthanded Thunder Battle Hard But Fall Short in Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Strike Thunder in 6-3 Win - Ontario Reign
- Idaho Puts Five on the Board in Win over Condors - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.