'Blades Acquire Forward Ray Kaunisto as Trade Deadline Closes
ESTERO, FL - Florida Everblades President and General Manager Craig Brush along with Head Coach Greg Poss announced today that the team has acquired forward Ray Kaunisto from the Evansville IceMen in exchange for future considerations. In a separate transaction, the team has traded defenseman Tyson Gimblett to the Missouri Mavericks in exchange for future considerations.
Kaunisto, 28, was originally acquired by Evansville on Wednesday from the Kalamazoo Wings before being dealt to the Everblades on Thursday. The 6-4, 185-pound forward has posted 14 points (5g, 9a) in 43 games played this season with Kalamazoo. The 6-4, 185-pound forward has appeared in 160 career American Hockey League (AHL) games totaling 40 points in stints with Manchester, St. John's, Syracuse, Lake Erie, and Utica from 2010-2014.
Kaunisto recorded career highs in points (23), assists (16) and penalty minutes (113) in 53 games played with the Colorado Eagles (ECHL) during the 2012-13 season.
The Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan native played four seasons at Northern Michigan University from 2006-2010.
Gimblett heads to Missouri having totaled 8 points (2g, 6a) in 28 games played this season. Gimblett totaled 20 points (7g, 13a) and 252 penalty minutes in 2.5 seasons played with the Everblades from 2013-2015.
The two trades come hours after the Everblades acquired high-scoring forward Casey Pierro-Zabotel from the Gwinnett Gladiators in exchange for forwards Jason Wilson, Jeff Silengo, and financial considerations.
Thursday was the deadline for ECHL member teams to make trades for the 2014-15 season.
Upcoming Home Games & Promotions
Friday, March 13, vs. Greenville, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 14, vs. Greenville, 7:00 p.m. -- Guns N Hoses Night! Come watch local police and firefighters battle it out on the ice at 5:15 p.m. The Everblades will wear special Guns N Hoses jerseys which will be auctioned off following the game for charity.
Hearts & Hockey Ticket Packs are still available for just $50!
*4-Endzone Ticket Vouchers which can be redeemed for any game this season.
To order, call 239-948-7825, or stop by the Everblades main office at Germain Arena. Hearts & Hockey Packs are also available on game nights at the Everblades information table located in the concourse.
Game Tickets: Everblades tickets may be purchased at the Century Link Prism Box Office located at Germain Arena, or at any Ticketmaster outlet, or online at www.ticketmaster.com
Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price, and also receive an Everblades souvenir! Group tickets are available for all home games. For more information on group tickets, call 239-948-7825.
12 & 24 Game Ticket Packages are currently on sale! All packages save you money from the box office price, and come with many great benefits. For more information call 239-948-7825, or stop by the Everblades Main Office located at Germain Arena, Monday-Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 12, 2015
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Release Goaltender Kenny Reiter - Reading Royals
- 'Blades Acquire Forward Ray Kaunisto as Trade Deadline Closes - Florida Everblades
- Aces Acquire LW Dean Chelios from the Indy Fuel in Exchange for Defenseman Quinn Sproule - Alaska Aces
- Fuel Acquire Sproule from Alaska - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - Wichita Thunder
- Aces Acquire Defenseman Landon Oslanski from the Missouri Mavericks in Exchange for Forward Tyler Cu - Alaska Aces
- Deadline Deal Sends Kaunisto to Florida for Futures - Evansville IceMen
- Tyler Currier Returns to the Mavericks in Trade with Aces; Landon Oslanski Dealt to Alaska - Kansas City Mavericks
- Dieude-Fauvel, Perry Return to Mallards; Rioux Back to Iowa - Quad City Mallards
- Akim Aliu Acquired from Bakersfield - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mallards Jersey Auction Saturday Night to Benefit Genesis Family Connects - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Ink Rookie Garrick Perry - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Acquire Karlsson and Vance from Steelheads; Missouri Trades Martin Lee to Idaho - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Acquire Defenseman from Missouri - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets Acquire Goaltender Guggenberger from Gwinnett - Fort Wayne Komets
- Guggenberger to Fort Wayne for Futures - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Acquire High-Scoring Forward Pierro-Zabotel - Florida Everblades
- Mavericks Acquire Three Players from Cyclones; Missouri Trades Jack Downing to Cincinnati - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gladiators Pick up Two from the Everblades - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Acquire Jack Downing from Missouri - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Warriors Aim for Largest ECHL Crowd this Season - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Falcons Recall DiPaolo from Reign - Ontario Reign
- Stingrays Add Goaltender Jeff Wyer - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Sign Rookie Defenseman Coldwell - Quad City Mallards
- Aces settle for one point in record 17-round shootout - Alaska Aces
- Eagles, Nixon Comeback against Aces After Shootout, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Stockton Heat Coming Fall 2015 - Stockton Thunder
- Shorthanded Thunder Battle Hard But Fall Short in Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Strike Thunder in 6-3 Win - Ontario Reign
- Idaho Puts Five on the Board in Win over Condors - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.