Keon Barnum, Victor Roache Named Postseason American Association All-Stars
ROSEMONT, Ill. - Dogs first baseman Keon Barnum and outfielder Victor Roache were each selected to the American Association's Postseason All-Star Team, the league announced Monday.
Sunday night, Barnum broke the league's single-season home run record by mashing his 31st longball of the year. The former Chicago White Sox first-round draft pick leads the league in home runs, slugging percentage, OPS and total bases, while ranking second in RBI, posting 90. Barnum's .312 batting average and 115 hits also pace the Dogs, among a whole host of other offensive categories.
Roache, a Milwaukee Brewers first-round selection in 2012, has been one of the Association's most dangerous bats this season. He has slugged 24 home runs, the second-highest total in the league, while hitting at a .308 clip with 79 RBI. Roache's slugging percentage of .583 also ranks second, behind just Barnum.
Barnum and Roache's Postseason All-Star selections are the first in Chicago Dogs history, after each of them, alongside LHP Luke Westphal, were named midseason All-Stars.
The Chicago Dogs are 59-40 on the season - the third-best record in the American Association - and play their final game of the season this afternoon, September 2nd, at Impact Field against the St. Paul Saints.
Fans can tune in to The Chicago Dogs Baseball Network for a live broadcast of every Dogs game, with team broadcasters Sam Brief and Henrique DaMour on the call. Follow the team on social media - @TheChicagoDogs on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - and use the hashtag #TakeABite. For more information, visit TheChicagoDogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 2, 2019
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- RedHawks to Start 2019 Aa Playoffs at Home against St. Paul Saints - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- RedHawks Wrap up Regular Season and Now It's on to the Playoffs - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Explorers Swing into the Playoffs - Kansas City T-Bones
- 'Roaders Win, Fall Short of Playoffs - Cleburne Railroaders
- Dogs Drop Season Finale to St. Paul, Finish 59-41 - Chicago Dogs
- Goldeyes Finish Season with Win - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saints North Champs, Finish with Top Record in League, Win Finale 13-8 - St. Paul Saints
- Milkmen Finish off the Season with a Win - Milwaukee Milkmen
- RailCats End Season with First Home Sweep, Shutout Saltdogs, 3-0 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 'Dogs Season Ends with Loss to RailCats - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Victor Roache Earns Third Player of the Week Honor - Chicago Dogs
- Saints Closer Tanner Kiest Earns Final American Association Pointstreak Pitcher of the Week Honors - St. Paul Saints
- Broussard Named AA Relief Pitcher of the Year; Colwell Named Postseason All-Star - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Samson Named to 2019 Post Season All Star Team - Sioux City Explorers
- Canaries' Lago Named Postseason All-Star - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Nester, Simpson Named Postseason All-Stars - Cleburne Railroaders
- Shoemaker and Motl Named to American Association Post-Season All-Star Team - St. Paul Saints
- Keon Barnum, Victor Roache Named Postseason American Association All-Stars - Chicago Dogs
- Lambson Voted League's Best Pitcher - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Another Dramatic Game Ends in a Division Title - Kansas City T-Bones
- X's Unable to Take Advantage, Forcing Must Win Season Finale - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Dogs Stories
- Chicago Dogs Announce 2020 Season Schedule
- Keon Barnum Selected as American Association MVP
- Dogs Drop Season Finale to St. Paul, Finish 59-41
- Victor Roache Earns Third Player of the Week Honor
- Keon Barnum, Victor Roache Named Postseason American Association All-Stars