Nester, Simpson Named Postseason All-Stars
FARGO, N.D. - The American Association announced Monday that Cleburne Railroaders infielder Chase Simpson and catcher John Nester have been named to the Postseason All-Star Team.
Simpson produced a record-setting offensive season, becoming the first Cleburne hitter to reach 20 home runs in a season while pacing the American Association with 93 runs driven in. He enters Monday's regular season finale with a .272/.391/.573 slash line, good for a .930 OPS. Simpson ranks second in the league with 32 doubles, just two behind teammate Zach Nehrir. The switch-hitting slugger has also drawn 72 walks, second-most in the league. On the basepaths, Simpson has been an efficient runner, swiping eight bases in nine attempts.
Those numbers do not include a stellar performance in the mid-season All-Star game, in which Simpson went 1-for-2 with a two-run home run, two walks, and several stellar defensive plays.
Nester's first season in Cleburne has produced the best offensive season of his eight-year professional career. Through 84 games, Nester now owns new career-bests in doubles (23), home runs (16), RBI (63), and runs scored (53), all while hitting .278. Defensively, he has reinforced his reputation as one of the league's premier backstops with a 33% caught stealing rate while guiding the Railroaders pitching staff to the league's second-best ERA.
The full American Association Postseason All-Star Team can be found HERE.
The Railroaders head into the final game of the regular season needing a win against the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks and a Kansas City T-Bones win over the Sioux City Explorers to clinch the franchise's first-ever playoff berth. First pitch of the regular season finale is scheduled for 1:00 PM.
For information on partnerships, season tickets, group outings, and party packages, call the Railroaders main office at (817) 945-8705, or visit the Railroaders official website at www.railroaderbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 2, 2019
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- RedHawks to Start 2019 Aa Playoffs at Home against St. Paul Saints - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- RedHawks Wrap up Regular Season and Now It's on to the Playoffs - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Explorers Swing into the Playoffs - Kansas City Monarchs
- 'Roaders Win, Fall Short of Playoffs - Cleburne Railroaders
- Dogs Drop Season Finale to St. Paul, Finish 59-41 - Chicago Dogs
- Goldeyes Finish Season with Win - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saints North Champs, Finish with Top Record in League, Win Finale 13-8 - St. Paul Saints
- Milkmen Finish off the Season with a Win - Milwaukee Milkmen
- RailCats End Season with First Home Sweep, Shutout Saltdogs, 3-0 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 'Dogs Season Ends with Loss to RailCats - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Victor Roache Earns Third Player of the Week Honor - Chicago Dogs
- Saints Closer Tanner Kiest Earns Final American Association Pointstreak Pitcher of the Week Honors - St. Paul Saints
- Broussard Named AA Relief Pitcher of the Year; Colwell Named Postseason All-Star - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Samson Named to 2019 Post Season All Star Team - Sioux City Explorers
- Canaries' Lago Named Postseason All-Star - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Nester, Simpson Named Postseason All-Stars - Cleburne Railroaders
- Shoemaker and Motl Named to American Association Post-Season All-Star Team - St. Paul Saints
- Keon Barnum, Victor Roache Named Postseason American Association All-Stars - Chicago Dogs
- Lambson Voted League's Best Pitcher - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Another Dramatic Game Ends in a Division Title - Kansas City Monarchs
- X's Unable to Take Advantage, Forcing Must Win Season Finale - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.