Broussard Named AA Relief Pitcher of the Year; Colwell Named Postseason All-Star
FARGO, N.D. - The American Association of Independent Professional Baseball (AA) announced today that RedHawks pitcher Geoff Broussard is the league's relief pitcher of the year and outfielder Tim Colwell as a postseason all-star.
Drafted in the 23rd round by the Philadelphia Phillies, Broussard played six seasons in affiliated baseball (PHI, LAA & CIN) before he signed with Sioux City in 2018. In the middle of the 2018 season, Geoff signed with the RedHawks and was re-signed on April 15, 2019.
"To have Geoff come in and close games the way he has done for us this year is invaluable. Without 'Brous', we wouldn't be in the situation that we are in with an opportunity to win a championship. He's been lights out all year." said RedHawks manager Jim Bennett.
In the 2019 season, Broussard has 28 saves in 43 games, with a 1.77 ERA. The Ontario, CA native has pitched 45.2 innings with 48 strikeouts, 16 runs and 40 hits and a record of 1-2.
RedHawks outfielder Tim Colwell has been named as a 2019 AA Postseason All-Star by the league. The Shoreview, MN native has played in 99 games this year with a .324 AVG. Tim is tied for the league lead in hits this season, with 130 and has 71 runs, 54 RBIs and 5 homeruns.
"Timmy has been that player that you can count on every day" added Bennett. "He's solid defensively, can run and hits with the best of them. I couldn't be happier for a guy like Tim to make the postseason all-star team."
The F-M RedHawks play the final regular season game against Cleburne today at 1:00pm and begin the postseason with the 2019 American Association Playoffs on Wednesday (September 4th), with locations and time to be determined.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 2, 2019
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- RedHawks to Start 2019 Aa Playoffs at Home against St. Paul Saints - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- RedHawks Wrap up Regular Season and Now It's on to the Playoffs - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Explorers Swing into the Playoffs - Kansas City T-Bones
- 'Roaders Win, Fall Short of Playoffs - Cleburne Railroaders
- Dogs Drop Season Finale to St. Paul, Finish 59-41 - Chicago Dogs
- Goldeyes Finish Season with Win - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saints North Champs, Finish with Top Record in League, Win Finale 13-8 - St. Paul Saints
- Milkmen Finish off the Season with a Win - Milwaukee Milkmen
- RailCats End Season with First Home Sweep, Shutout Saltdogs, 3-0 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 'Dogs Season Ends with Loss to RailCats - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Victor Roache Earns Third Player of the Week Honor - Chicago Dogs
- Saints Closer Tanner Kiest Earns Final American Association Pointstreak Pitcher of the Week Honors - St. Paul Saints
- Broussard Named AA Relief Pitcher of the Year; Colwell Named Postseason All-Star - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Samson Named to 2019 Post Season All Star Team - Sioux City Explorers
- Canaries' Lago Named Postseason All-Star - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Nester, Simpson Named Postseason All-Stars - Cleburne Railroaders
- Shoemaker and Motl Named to American Association Post-Season All-Star Team - St. Paul Saints
- Keon Barnum, Victor Roache Named Postseason American Association All-Stars - Chicago Dogs
- Lambson Voted League's Best Pitcher - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Another Dramatic Game Ends in a Division Title - Kansas City T-Bones
- X's Unable to Take Advantage, Forcing Must Win Season Finale - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Stories
- RedHawks Win 4-3 in Game Two of NDCS; One Game Away from Series Win
- Jim Bennett Named 2019 American Association Manager of the Year
- RedHawks Take Game One of NDCS with 3-2 Victory over Saints
- RedHawks Yhoxian Medina Named 2019 American Association Defensive Player of the Year
- RedHawks to Start 2019 Aa Playoffs at Home against St. Paul Saints