Keller Earns Second IL Pitcher of the Week Honor
INDIANAPOLIS - Today the International League named Indianapolis Indians starter Mitch Keller as its Pitcher of the Week. The weekly honor is Keller's second of the season (also: April 15-21) and the fourth won by a Tribe hurler this year, joining Dario Agrazal and Alex McRae.
Keller, 23, started Indy's second-half opener against division-leading Columbus, and the right-hander stymied the Clippers for six scoreless innings. He allowed just two hits, walked three and struck out eight in his team-high seventh win of the season. The Iowa native ranks among IL leaders in ERA (1st, 3.07), wins (T-2nd), strikeouts (3rd, 96), WHIP (3rd, 1.28) and batting average against (4th, .243). The Indians are 9-6 in his 15 starts this year.
Keller has also made three major league starts for Pittsburgh this season, going 0-1 with a 10.50 ERA (14er/12.0ip) and 15 strikeouts.
Keller was selected by the Pirates in the second round (64th overall) of the 2014 First-Year Player Draft.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 15, 2019
- Lehigh Valley Scores Eight in Eighth, Defeats Gwinnett - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Win 9-7 Thriller in Buffalo - Charlotte Knights
- 8 in 8 allow Pigs to hook Stripers - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Seven-Run Ninth Caps Mets' Dominance over Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Four Rochester Homers Offset Hays' Effort - Norfolk Tides
- Wings Hit Four Homers, Roll over Tides 11-4 Monday - Rochester Red Wings
- SWB RHP Deivi Garcia gets win in Triple-A Debut against Columbus Clippers - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bats Drop Series Opener to Pawtucket, 2-1 - Louisville Bats
- Trifecta Powers Hens to Victory over Bulls - Toledo Mud Hens
- Hart Heaves Six Shutout for Series-Opening Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- July 20-21: Blue Jays Weekend Features Vladdy Bobbleheads, Devon White, Duane Ward, Ticket Giveaways & More - Buffalo Bisons
- 7.15.19 Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (47-45) vs. Syracuse Mets (45-48) - Indianapolis Indians
- Summer Is in Full Swing | Catch the Hens at Home for a Full Week: July 15-21 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (35-58) at Pawtucket Red Sox (37-55) - Louisville Bats
- Spirit of the International League Award Winner Announced - IL
- Tides Groundskeeper Kenny Magner Named 2019 Recipient of Sprit of International League Award - Norfolk Tides
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Keller Earns Second IL Pitcher of the Week Honor - Indianapolis Indians
- International League Players of the Week Named - IL
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- SWB RailRiders Homestand Highlights-July 15-21 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- That's Marvel-Ous: Big Game James to Make MLB Debut Today
- Four Indians Headed to Pittsburgh as September Call-Ups
- Ten Takeaways from Indy's 2019 Season
- Marvel Earns Another Win as Indians Blank Bats, 4-0
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (65-74) at Louisville Bats (59-80)