Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (7:05 p.m.)
July 15, 2019 | 7:05 p.m. ET | Sahlen Field | Buffalo, NY | Game # 94| Home Game # 46
BUFFALO BISONS (49-44, 2nd, -4.0 North) vs CHARLOTTE KNIGHTS (50-43, 3rd, -5.5 South)
LHP Shawn Morimando (2-4, 6.12) vs. LHP Kyle Kubat (1-1, 4.85)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This evening, the Bisons take on the Charlotte Knights in the first game of a four-game series. Following Thursday night's game, the Herd will continue their homestand against the Columbus Clippers before a league-wide off day next Monday.
Yesterday's Game: BUF 4, PAW 3
Jordan Patterson drove in Billy McKinney in the eighth inning for the game-winning run that helped cap off a series victory for Buffalo out of the All-Star Break. Patrick Kivlehan connnected on his team leading 13th home run of the season while Zach Jackson earned his team leading 7th win out of the bullpen.
Charlotte Knights (0-0)
Buffalo and Charlotte have yet to face one another this season but that will come and go over the next week and a half. After the series at Sahlen Field, the two teams will square off in downtown Charlotte next week from July 23-25.
LHP Shawn Morimando will make his second start since coming off the Injured List. The southpaw yielded just one run on two hits in four innings of work on Independence Day against the Syracuse Mets.
RHP Zach Jackson is now tied with four other pitchers for second-most wins in the IL. Jackson picked up his seventh victory after tossing two scoreless innings out of the bullpen to help lead the team to victory on Sunday afternoon. The righty struckout a season high five batters, just the third time in his career he has struckout that many.
1B Jordan Patterson drove in the winning run in the eighth inning on Sunday. The lefty slugger finished the game going 2-4 and is now hitting .302 (13-43) in 12 games so far this month.
Sunday's win was just the ninth time Buffalo has won when their opponents have out-hit them...The Herd also picked up their 40th victory when they've hit a home run, compared to their nine wins when they don't go deep in a ballgame...Their 10 wins against Pawtucket is the most since they won 10 games three straight seasons from '06-'08...Socrates Brito is tied for the IL lead in doubles this month with seven, Jordan Patterson and Bo Bichette are tied with a long list of players with five two-baggers...Roemon Fields is hitting .474 (9-19) in five Monday games this season, while Bo Bichette has swiped four bags on Mondays.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (35-59) plated just two runs in their 4-2 loss Sunday afternoon in the Bronx. OF Randal Grichuk and INF Eric Sogard both went deep against the Yankees. RHP Justin Shafer tossed 1.1 scoreless innings out of the bullpen for the Jays and now carries a 2.31 ERA in eight games. RHP Trent Thornton faces RHP Rick Porcello at Fenway Park in the first game of a four-game set against the Boston Red Sox.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 15, 2019
- Lehigh Valley Scores Eight in Eighth, Defeats Gwinnett - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Win 9-7 Thriller in Buffalo - Charlotte Knights
- 8 in 8 allow Pigs to hook Stripers - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Seven-Run Ninth Caps Mets' Dominance over Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Four Rochester Homers Offset Hays' Effort - Norfolk Tides
- Wings Hit Four Homers, Roll over Tides 11-4 Monday - Rochester Red Wings
- SWB RHP Deivi Garcia gets win in Triple-A Debut against Columbus Clippers - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bats Drop Series Opener to Pawtucket, 2-1 - Louisville Bats
- Trifecta Powers Hens to Victory over Bulls - Toledo Mud Hens
- Hart Heaves Six Shutout for Series-Opening Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- July 20-21: Blue Jays Weekend Features Vladdy Bobbleheads, Devon White, Duane Ward, Ticket Giveaways & More - Buffalo Bisons
- 7.15.19 Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (47-45) vs. Syracuse Mets (45-48) - Indianapolis Indians
- Summer Is in Full Swing | Catch the Hens at Home for a Full Week: July 15-21 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (35-58) at Pawtucket Red Sox (37-55) - Louisville Bats
- Spirit of the International League Award Winner Announced - IL
- Tides Groundskeeper Kenny Magner Named 2019 Recipient of Sprit of International League Award - Norfolk Tides
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Keller Earns Second IL Pitcher of the Week Honor - Indianapolis Indians
- International League Players of the Week Named - IL
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- SWB RailRiders Homestand Highlights-July 15-21 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons GM Anthony Sprague: "We Miss You, Bisons Fans."
- Buffalo Bisons Will Not Play in 2020 as Minor League Baseball Seasons Are Canceled
- Malacaro Joins Blue Jays Minor League Announcers in 'Around the Nest'
- Buffalo Bisons Charitable Foundation Donates $20,000 to City of Buffalo's COVID-19 Initiatives
- Mayor Byron Brown Thanks the Buffalo Bisons Charitable Foundation for Supporting Community During COVID-19 Crisis