8 in 8 allow Pigs to hook Stripers
(Gwinnett, GA) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (46-46) looked to their lineup and ability to prevail late in the game on Monday evening for a 12-6 win over the Gwinnett Stripers. Lehigh Valley is now 3-1 against Gwinnett this season.
The Stripers put four runs on the scoreboard against Jose Taveras in the bottom of the first inning to take a 4-0 lead. Ender Inciarte scored on an RBI groundout and Alex Jackson blasted a three-run home run.
The Pigs answered with two runs against Kolby Allard in the top of the third inning to cut the lead in half, 4-2 as Austi Listi hit a two-run double. Listi's double extended his hitting streak to 13 games. Lehigh Valley got another run against Allard in the top of the fifth inning as Andrew Romine hit an RBI single.
Travis Demeritte hit an RBI double off Josh Tols in the bottom of the sixth inning to give the Stripers a 5-3 lead. Alex Jackson homered off Kyle Dohy (5-4) in the bottom of the seventh inning to extend Gwinnett's lead to 6-3.
The Pigs scored their eight runs in the top of the eighth inning against Thomas Burrows (1-1) and Jose Rafael De Paula. Listi scored on a fielder's choice, newly acquired Logan Morrison was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded, RBI singles from Ali Castillo and Phil Gosselin, an RBI double from Romine and a sacrifice fly by Deivy Grullon - provided the runs.
Gosselin added a sacrifice fly in the top of the ninth inning to give the Pigs a 12-6 lead.
Fernando Salas and Connor Brogdon each pitched a scoreless inning in relief. Lehigh Valley and Gwinnett play on Tuesday evening at 7:05 p.m.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 15, 2019
- Lehigh Valley Scores Eight in Eighth, Defeats Gwinnett - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Win 9-7 Thriller in Buffalo - Charlotte Knights
- 8 in 8 allow Pigs to hook Stripers - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Seven-Run Ninth Caps Mets' Dominance over Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Four Rochester Homers Offset Hays' Effort - Norfolk Tides
- Wings Hit Four Homers, Roll over Tides 11-4 Monday - Rochester Red Wings
- SWB RHP Deivi Garcia gets win in Triple-A Debut against Columbus Clippers - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bats Drop Series Opener to Pawtucket, 2-1 - Louisville Bats
- Trifecta Powers Hens to Victory over Bulls - Toledo Mud Hens
- Hart Heaves Six Shutout for Series-Opening Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- July 20-21: Blue Jays Weekend Features Vladdy Bobbleheads, Devon White, Duane Ward, Ticket Giveaways & More - Buffalo Bisons
- 7.15.19 Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (47-45) vs. Syracuse Mets (45-48) - Indianapolis Indians
- Summer Is in Full Swing | Catch the Hens at Home for a Full Week: July 15-21 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (35-58) at Pawtucket Red Sox (37-55) - Louisville Bats
- Spirit of the International League Award Winner Announced - IL
- Tides Groundskeeper Kenny Magner Named 2019 Recipient of Sprit of International League Award - Norfolk Tides
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Keller Earns Second IL Pitcher of the Week Honor - Indianapolis Indians
- International League Players of the Week Named - IL
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- SWB RailRiders Homestand Highlights-July 15-21 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.