K-Wings Host Externship for Local Teachers
Kalamazoo, MI.- The Kalamazoo Wings joined forces with the Kalamazoo RESA (Regional Education Service Agency) on Wednesday hosting a teacher externship at Wings Event Center.
The event focused on teaching local educators about the behind the scenes working of a professional sports organization as well as the many different careers available within sports.
The externship, which kicked off at 9:00am on Wednesday, was split into different breakout sessions during which local teachers heard from members of the K-Wings and Wings Event Center staff about sales, marketing, game operations, food and beverage, and hockey operations. The sessions focused on the career and opportunities available within the realm of sports, while also looking at the everyday application of skills learned in the classroom.
"An important part of career development for students is understanding that fun, interesting work is being done behind the scenes in all organizations! Teachers created a plan to share what they discovered with students, especially those who have chosen professional sports as their top career interest. Partnerships like this are important for helping all students understand what they can be before they have to choose what they want to be," said Career Readiness Coordinator Kristen Garceau.
"With the sports and entertainment business growing rapidly we think it's extremely important to partner with agencies such as K/RESA to help educate teachers on the many different career paths available. The teachers and K/RESA felt what they learned about Wings Event Center and the Kalamazoo Wings will immediately add value to their daily teaching curriculum and interactions with students," said K-Wings Director of Business Operations Toni Lentini Daniels.
Anyone interested in learning more about Kalamazoo RESA and upcoming opportunities can visit their website at www.kresa.org.
Kalamazoo Wings full season tickets are available now for the 2019-20 season! More information can be gathered at www.kwings.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 15, 2019
- Clutch Callum: Booth Leads 'Blades to 2-1 Shootout Win - Florida Everblades
- Late Push Falls Short in Loss at KC - Wichita Thunder
- Reading Beats out Indy 5-2 in Pennsylvania - Indy Fuel
- 52 Shots Not Enough for Stingrays in 6-3 Loss to Norfolk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Atlanta Earns Huge Point as They Fall to Everblades in Shootout - Atlanta Gladiators
- Reichenbach's 49 Saves Sting South Carolina - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Hammer Nailers in Weekend Opener - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Railers Kick off Weekend with the Right Stuff in 5-2 Win in Manchester - Worcester Railers HC
- Sandler Scores Twice as K-Wings Fall 4-3 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Continue Strong Play at Home in 5-1 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Gain Two Points on the Monarchs in 5-2 Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Send Growlers to Doghouse in 4-1 Win - Adirondack Thunder
- 5,747 Watch Royals Empty Fuel's Tank, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Growlers Fall to the Thunder 4-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Everblades Add Mercyhurst University Captain Lammon - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - March 15 - ECHL
- Mariners Sign Holy Cross Defenseman Coughlin - Maine Mariners
- Quack Packs on Sale Sunday - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Looks to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive Tonight in KC - Wichita Thunder
- K-Wings Host Externship for Local Teachers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, March 15 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: Final Twelve Games Kick off in Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Mental Health Awareness Night Kicks off First of Two vs. Indy - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose Another Close One - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 2-1 Loss to RC - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.