Grizzlies Lose Another Close One
West Valley City, Utah - Rapid City Rush goaltender Adam Carlson stopped 42 of 43 shots and Cedric Montminy scored both goals for the Rush in the 2-1 win over the Utah Grizzlies on Thursday night at Maverik Center.
Utah got on the board first as Will Smith scored his 3rd goal in his last 8 games 13:26 into the first period. Gabriel Verpaelst and Jake Marchment got the assists.
Rush got the next 2 goals as Cedric Montminy scored his 15th and 16th goals of the season. The first one came on the power play with 4:02 left in the first period. He also scored 2:03 into the second period. Dexter Dancs got the assist on both goals.
Rush goaltender Adam Carlson stopped all but 1 of the 43 shots on goal. Carlson has just allowed 8 goals against the Grizzlies over the last 8 head to head games.
Rapid City has won each of the first 4 games of the 6 games in the series. 3 of the 4 games have been 1 goal contests.
Next game for the Grizzlies is Saturday night at Maverik Center. It's Military Night Presented by Mark Miller Subaru. Face-off is at 7:00 pm.
Grizzlies notes: JT Henke and Jack Walker each played in their first games in over a month. Henke last played on February 9th vs Idaho and Walker last played on January 30th at Tulsa. Will Smith had 5 shots on goal and scored the lone goal for Utah. Ryan Walters led the Grizzlies with 7 shots. It was the only Thursday home game at Maverik Center.
Images from this story
Utah Grizzlies vs. the Rapid City Rush
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 15, 2019
- Clutch Callum: Booth Leads 'Blades to 2-1 Shootout Win - Florida Everblades
- Late Push Falls Short in Loss at KC - Wichita Thunder
- Reading Beats out Indy 5-2 in Pennsylvania - Indy Fuel
- 52 Shots Not Enough for Stingrays in 6-3 Loss to Norfolk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Atlanta Earns Huge Point as They Fall to Everblades in Shootout - Atlanta Gladiators
- Reichenbach's 49 Saves Sting South Carolina - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Hammer Nailers in Weekend Opener - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Railers Kick off Weekend with the Right Stuff in 5-2 Win in Manchester - Worcester Railers HC
- Sandler Scores Twice as K-Wings Fall 4-3 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Continue Strong Play at Home in 5-1 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Gain Two Points on the Monarchs in 5-2 Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Send Growlers to Doghouse in 4-1 Win - Adirondack Thunder
- 5,747 Watch Royals Empty Fuel's Tank, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Growlers Fall to the Thunder 4-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Everblades Add Mercyhurst University Captain Lammon - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - March 15 - ECHL
- Mariners Sign Holy Cross Defenseman Coughlin - Maine Mariners
- Quack Packs on Sale Sunday - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Looks to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive Tonight in KC - Wichita Thunder
- K-Wings Host Externship for Local Teachers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, March 15 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: Final Twelve Games Kick off in Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Mental Health Awareness Night Kicks off First of Two vs. Indy - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose Another Close One - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 2-1 Loss to RC - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.