Growlers Fall to the Thunder 4-1
The Newfoundland Growlers lost three games in a row for the first time in franchise history Friday night, with a 4-1 performance in Glens Falls versus the Adirondack Thunder.
The Thunder opened the scoring just 2 minutes and 10 seconds into the first period as Conor Riley beat Growlers netminder Eamon McAdam. James Henry also scored for the Thunder to close out the first period.
Newfoundland responded in the second period, Josh Kestner came down the wing and blasted the puck behind Logan Thompson to bring the Growlers within one goal. Shortly after, Adirondack restored the two-goal advantage as Peter MacArthur made good on a turnover infront of the Growlers net.
The Growlers poured on the pressure in the third period but could not put the puck in the back of the net. Brian Ward would step out of the penalty box for the Thunder midway through the final frame to place the fourth and final goal Thunder goal of the evening in the back of the Growlers cage.
James Melindy was not in the lineup and is listed as day-to-day
Josh Kestner is on a four-game point streak
The three stars were 3 - B. Ward (ADK), 2 - J. Henry (ASK) and 1 - L. Thompson (ADK)
The Newfoundland Growlers continue their six-game road trip beginning Saturday night with a rematch in Glens Falls, New York against the Adirondack Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils. Catch all the action with play-by-play broadcaster Chris Ballard at mixlr.com/nlgrowlers.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 15, 2019
- Clutch Callum: Booth Leads 'Blades to 2-1 Shootout Win - Florida Everblades
- Late Push Falls Short in Loss at KC - Wichita Thunder
- Reading Beats out Indy 5-2 in Pennsylvania - Indy Fuel
- 52 Shots Not Enough for Stingrays in 6-3 Loss to Norfolk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Atlanta Earns Huge Point as They Fall to Everblades in Shootout - Atlanta Gladiators
- Reichenbach's 49 Saves Sting South Carolina - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Hammer Nailers in Weekend Opener - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Railers Kick off Weekend with the Right Stuff in 5-2 Win in Manchester - Worcester Railers HC
- Sandler Scores Twice as K-Wings Fall 4-3 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Continue Strong Play at Home in 5-1 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Gain Two Points on the Monarchs in 5-2 Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Send Growlers to Doghouse in 4-1 Win - Adirondack Thunder
- 5,747 Watch Royals Empty Fuel's Tank, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Growlers Fall to the Thunder 4-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Everblades Add Mercyhurst University Captain Lammon - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - March 15 - ECHL
- Mariners Sign Holy Cross Defenseman Coughlin - Maine Mariners
- Quack Packs on Sale Sunday - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Looks to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive Tonight in KC - Wichita Thunder
- K-Wings Host Externship for Local Teachers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, March 15 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: Final Twelve Games Kick off in Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Mental Health Awareness Night Kicks off First of Two vs. Indy - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose Another Close One - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 2-1 Loss to RC - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.