IronPigs swept by Bulls
(Allentown, Pa) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (19-13) suffered their first sweep of the season as the Durham Bulls (19-14) won 5-1.
Keon Wong hit a two-run double off Nick Pivetta (2-1) in the top of the first inning to give the Bulls a 2-0 lead. Deivy Grullon put the lone run on the scoreboard for the IronPigs in the bottom of the second inning, as he hit a solo home run off Arturo Reyes.
Pivetta struck out seven batters over seven innings before passing the ball to Luke Leftwich, who made his triple-A debut. Jake Smolinski hit an RBI single off Leftwich in the top of the eighth inning to give Durham a 3-1 lead. Jason Coats hit a two-run home run off Leftwich in the top of the ninth inning to give the Bulls a 5-1 lead.
Andrew Kittredge pitched a scoreless inning for Durham while Oliver Drake pitched a scoreless bottom of the ninth inning for Durham.
The IronPigs welcome in the Indianapolis Indians to Coca-Cola Park on Friday night. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 9, 2019
- Lehigh Valley Drops Fourth Game this Week - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Syracuse Holds off Louisville in 6-5 Win - Syracuse Mets
- Bats Come up Short in the Ninth, Losing 6-5 - Louisville Bats
- IronPigs swept by Bulls - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Red Wings, Mud Hens Postponed Thursday - Rochester Red Wings
- Knights Postponed on Thursday from Columbus, OH - Charlotte Knights
- Mud Hens Are Going Big in June - Toledo Mud Hens
- PawSox Storm Back in Ninth, Win in 10th - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Game Notes: Syracuse Mets (18-14) at Louisville Bats (14-19) - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Earn Series Win in Gwinnett with 7-2 Victory - Buffalo Bisons
- McRae Masterful in Moosic as Indians Salvage Finale, 4-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Wool E. Bull's Birthday Highlights Bulls Homestand - Durham Bulls
- Stripers' Offense Quieted in 7-2 Loss to Buffalo - Gwinnett Stripers
- RailRiders to Pay off ALDS Wager - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- McRae Brings RailRiders' Streak to a Halt - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- It's Offense v Defense at the Micah Hyde Charity Softball Game -June 2 at Sahlen Field - Buffalo Bisons
- DuRapau's Contract Selected by Pittsburgh - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (15-16) at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (17-12) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Gwinnett (10:35 a.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mud Hens Allow Seven Straight Runs in Loss to Red Wings - Toledo Mud Hens
- Gwinnett's Riley Continues Hot Start in 9-2 Victory over the Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Reyes' Homer Not Enough for Indy in 5-4 Defeat - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Defeat Hens - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.