Impact Bows to Toronto FC
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact lost 2-1 against Toronto FC on Wednesday night, at Stade Saputo. Midfielder Victor Wanyama scored his first goal with the Montreal Impact, while Pablo Piatti and Jozy Altidore scored for Toronto. The Impact will play its last two games of the first phase of the MLS season continuation in Vancouver, on September 13 and 16, each time at 9:30pm EDT (TVA Sports, TSN, 98,5, TSN 690).
Midfielder Victor Wanyama scored his first MLS goal.
Defender Rudy Camacho played his 40th game with the Impact and in MLS.
Captain Jukka Raitala played his 60th MLS game with the Impact.
Montreal remains in second position of the Canadian standing for the 2020 Canadian Championship, six points behind Toronto, who played all its six games.
TOR - Pablo Piatti 32'
MTL - Victor Wanyama 57'
TOR - Jozy Altidore (Nick DeLeon) 89'
MTL - Gk-Clement Diop; D-Rudy Camacho, Luis Binks, Zachary Brault-Guillard, Jukka Raitala; M-Victor Wanyama, Samuel Piette (Anthony Jackson-Hamel 91'), Saphir Taider, Lassi Lappalainen (Orji Okwonkwo 80'), Emanuel Maciel; F-Romell Quioto
Subs not used: Evan Bush, Rod Fanni, Amar Sejdic, Joel Waterman, Karifa Yao, Jorge Corrales, Shamit Shome
TOR - Gk-Quentin Westberg; D-Justin Morrow, Chris Mavinga, Omar Gonzalez, Auro Jr; M-Marky Delgado, Alejandro Pozuelo (Eriq Zavaleta 92'), Jonathan Osorio, Richie Laryea (Nick DeLeon 68'); F-Pablo Piatti (Ayo Akinola 80'), Jozy Altidore (Tsubasa Endoh 92')
Subs not used: Alex Bono, Erickson Gallardo, Noble Okello, Laurent Ciman, Liam Fraser
"We need to learn from our mistakes. It's a mistake that we couldn't make at this point in the game. It cost us. We created many scoring chances and one-on-ones, but we did not take advantage of them. Now we go back to work to see what we can do in Vancouver."
"We had a good first half. I'm disappointed because we controlled the game and we lost on a mistake. It happens at the highest level and you pay when you make a mistake. But we are professionals, so we will go to Vancouver to try to keep a good position in the MLS standings with the goal to win both games. We want to bring back six points."
"It's devastating to lose like that because we gave the game away. We have to take this game and learn from what we did well and what we missed. We're still in this. No team is unbeatable, at home or away."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 9, 2020
- FC Dallas Falls 3-2 to Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field - FC Dallas
- Molino Brace Propels Loons to 3-2 Victory over FC Dallas - Minnesota United FC
- Impact Bows to Toronto FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Late Goal Lifts Rapids to Draw with Houston Dynamo - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami CF Defeats Atlanta United FC 2-1 at Home - Inter Miami CF
- Toronto FC (2) - Montreal Impact (1) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 to Inter Miami CF - Atlanta United FC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. San Jose Earthquakes - September 10, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Colorado Rapids vs. Houston Dynamo - Colorado Rapids
- Know Your Opponent: Inter Miami CF - Orlando City SC
- By the Numbers: the Third Meeting with Miami - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas Adds League Pool Goalkeeper Charlie Lyon for Tonight's Road Match vs. Minnesota United FC - FC Dallas
- Hall-Of-Famer Bocanegra Member of Rare Century Trifecta: MLS Week 11 News & Notes - MLS
- BBVA Stadium to Host Limited Number of Fans at Upcoming Home Matches - Houston Dynamo
- Chivas vs. Club Leon Match Rescheduled for March 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution Announce 2020-21 Academy Roster Ahead of MLS NEXT Season - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC Acquires Venezuelan International Jhonder Cadiz on Loan as Designated Player - Nashville SC
- Rapids Among 35 Professional Sports Teams Nationwide Supporting "Rally the Vote" - Colorado Rapids
- Eighth Annual "11 Days of Service" Honoring Victims and Survivors from Attacks of 9/11 Set to Impact Community Virtually - New York Red Bulls
- Matchday Guide: Inter Miami CF vs. Atlanta United FC - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Defender Reggie Cannon Joins Boavista FC - FC Dallas
- Justin Haak Joins Hartford Athletic on Season-Long Loan - New York City FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. FC Dallas Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Forward Daryl Dike Voted MLS Player of the Month - MLS
- Orlando City SC Forward Daryl Dike Voted MLS Player of the Month - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.