Know Your Opponent: Inter Miami CF
City is back for another Saturday night under the lights at Exploria Stadium. This time, the boys will be hosting Inter Miami for the very first time with kickoff set for 7:30 pm ET. Here is what you need to know about City's opponents:
Key Transactions and Player News
Of course, there are a lot of new names when it comes to an expansion side so take a look at Miami's full roster here.
The latest roster movement from Miami has been their trade with New England to send Lee Nguyen to his old stomping grounds in exchange for the team's natural fourth-round selection in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft and $50,000 GAM if performance-based metrics are met.
Meanwhile, Blaise Matuidi made his debut over the weekend against Nashville so City could get their first look at the French midfielder on Saturday at Exploria Stadium.
Injury Report: George Acosta (left knee injury), David Norman Jr. (left ankle injury) and Denso Ulysse (left lower leg injury) are all listed as out according to the MLS Injury Report.
Inter Miami is off to a 1-1-2 start since their return to play following the MLS is Back Tournament. The attack as fallen quiet heading into their midweek match with Atlanta with only scoring on goal in their last three matches.
The all-time series stands at 1-1-0 with both sides taking wins by one goal. The Lions topped Miami 2-1 behind a goal from Chris Mueller and the late winner from Nani in the MLS is Back tournament while Miami grabbed their win in Fort Lauderdale on August 22nd.
Rasmussen College Fact
The Lions are unbeaten in their last four games and unbeaten at Exploria Stadium in 2020.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 9, 2020
- FC Dallas Falls 3-2 to Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field - FC Dallas
- Molino Brace Propels Loons to 3-2 Victory over FC Dallas - Minnesota United FC
- Impact Bows to Toronto FC - Montreal Impact
- Late Goal Lifts Rapids to Draw with Houston Dynamo - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami CF Defeats Atlanta United FC 2-1 at Home - Inter Miami CF
- Toronto FC (2) - Montreal Impact (1) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 to Inter Miami CF - Atlanta United FC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. San Jose Earthquakes - September 10, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Colorado Rapids vs. Houston Dynamo - Colorado Rapids
- Know Your Opponent: Inter Miami CF - Orlando City SC
- By the Numbers: the Third Meeting with Miami - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas Adds League Pool Goalkeeper Charlie Lyon for Tonight's Road Match vs. Minnesota United FC - FC Dallas
- Hall-Of-Famer Bocanegra Member of Rare Century Trifecta: MLS Week 11 News & Notes - MLS
- BBVA Stadium to Host Limited Number of Fans at Upcoming Home Matches - Houston Dynamo
- Chivas vs. Club Leon Match Rescheduled for March 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution Announce 2020-21 Academy Roster Ahead of MLS NEXT Season - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC Acquires Venezuelan International Jhonder Cadiz on Loan as Designated Player - Nashville SC
- Rapids Among 35 Professional Sports Teams Nationwide Supporting "Rally the Vote" - Colorado Rapids
- Eighth Annual "11 Days of Service" Honoring Victims and Survivors from Attacks of 9/11 Set to Impact Community Virtually - New York Red Bulls
- Matchday Guide: Inter Miami CF vs. Atlanta United FC - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Defender Reggie Cannon Joins Boavista FC - FC Dallas
- Justin Haak Joins Hartford Athletic on Season-Long Loan - New York City FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. FC Dallas Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Forward Daryl Dike Voted MLS Player of the Month - MLS
- Orlando City SC Forward Daryl Dike Voted MLS Player of the Month - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.