Late Goal Lifts Rapids to Draw with Houston Dynamo
On a cold night in Commerce City, the Colorado Rapids snapped the Houston Dynamo's win streak with a late-game winner in the 6th minute of stoppage time for a final score of 1-1.
Houston got off to a hot start, but Colorado picked up steam as the first half went on. The home side had plenty of chances, but weren't able to put any of them in the back of the net and it was all tied up 0-0 at halftime.
Less than a minute into the second half, Dynamo forward Christian Ramirez got on the end of a cross into the box from Memo Rodriguez and volleyed it far post past Rapids goalkeeper William Yarbrough to put the Dynamo up 1-0. Colorado immediately responded and dominated the half, eventually getting the tying goal from defender Lalas Abubakar in the 6th minute of stoppage time.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 9, 2020
- FC Dallas Falls 3-2 to Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field - FC Dallas
- Molino Brace Propels Loons to 3-2 Victory over FC Dallas - Minnesota United FC
- Impact Bows to Toronto FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Late Goal Lifts Rapids to Draw with Houston Dynamo - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami CF Defeats Atlanta United FC 2-1 at Home - Inter Miami CF
- Toronto FC (2) - Montreal Impact (1) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 to Inter Miami CF - Atlanta United FC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. San Jose Earthquakes - September 10, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Colorado Rapids vs. Houston Dynamo - Colorado Rapids
- Know Your Opponent: Inter Miami CF - Orlando City SC
- By the Numbers: the Third Meeting with Miami - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas Adds League Pool Goalkeeper Charlie Lyon for Tonight's Road Match vs. Minnesota United FC - FC Dallas
- Hall-Of-Famer Bocanegra Member of Rare Century Trifecta: MLS Week 11 News & Notes - MLS
- BBVA Stadium to Host Limited Number of Fans at Upcoming Home Matches - Houston Dynamo
- Chivas vs. Club Leon Match Rescheduled for March 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution Announce 2020-21 Academy Roster Ahead of MLS NEXT Season - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC Acquires Venezuelan International Jhonder Cadiz on Loan as Designated Player - Nashville SC
- Rapids Among 35 Professional Sports Teams Nationwide Supporting "Rally the Vote" - Colorado Rapids
- Eighth Annual "11 Days of Service" Honoring Victims and Survivors from Attacks of 9/11 Set to Impact Community Virtually - New York Red Bulls
- Matchday Guide: Inter Miami CF vs. Atlanta United FC - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Defender Reggie Cannon Joins Boavista FC - FC Dallas
- Justin Haak Joins Hartford Athletic on Season-Long Loan - New York City FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. FC Dallas Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Forward Daryl Dike Voted MLS Player of the Month - MLS
- Orlando City SC Forward Daryl Dike Voted MLS Player of the Month - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Colorado Rapids Sign Forward Diego Rubio to Two-Year Contract Extension
- Colorado Rapids Sign Homegrown Defender Sam Vines to Four-Year Contract Extension
- Colorado Rapids Sign U.S. U-17 Winger Yaya Toure to Homegrown Player Contract
- Colorado Rapids Sign U.S. Youth International Michael Edwards to Homegrown Player Contract
- Colorado Rapids Sign 16-Year-Old Darren Yapi to Homegrown Player Contract