IceMen Close out Homestand against Florida
The Jacksonville Icemen (22-30-4-3, 51 pts) continue a busy weekend tonight as they host the Florida Everblades (40-12-2-4, 86 pts) at 7:30 p.m.
Last night, it was the 'Blades who took the first game of a back-to-back between the two clubs in a 5-2 victory. With key players, Michael Kirkpatrick and Quentin Shore, no longer on the active roster, Florida has seen others quickly rise to fill their void. Forward John McCarron has been on fire as of late, bringing a five-game goal streak and six-game point streak into tonight's contest. Mitchell Heard enters tonight's game with a five-point streak and leads all 'Blades in scoring against Jacksonville with 12 points (5g-7a).
The Icemen ran into Florida's difficult defense and goaltending last night, only registering 26 shots and two goals in 60 minutes. Tonight, it is presumed that Florida will start Martin Ouellette after Booth was between the pipes last night. Ouellette has been phenomenal in the crease for Florida, leading the team with a 2.11 GAA and a .920 SV%, along with 24 wins on the season.
Florida did an excellent job last night of keeping some of Jacksonville's biggest threats offensively off the scoresheet. While Jimmy Lodge collected his 12th multi-point game of the season, leading scorer Elgin Pearce wasn't able to find the back of the net, snapping his franchise record-tying four-game goal streak. For a win tonight, the Icemen will need to see their skilled forwards step up and score.
Cheer on the Icemen as they continue to make a playoff push tonight against the Florida Everblades at 7:30 p.m. Click here to get your tickets now!
Jacksonville Icemen: 22-30-4-3 (6th in South division)
Florida Everblades: 40-12-2-4 (1st in South division)
Icemen: 23/237 - 9.7% (27th in ECHL)
Everblades: 38/218 - 17.4% (13th in ECHL)
Icemen: 215/260 - 82.7% (16th in ECHL)
Everblades: 223/258 - 86.4% (5th in ECHL)
Players to Watch:
#22 F Bobby MacIntyre (JAX)
16G, 15A - 31 Pts, +5 Rating
MacIntyre only has one assist in six games against Florida. Look for the speedy forward to break out tonight against the 'Blades.
#25 F John McCarron (FLA)
24G, 29A - 53 Pts, +23 Rating
McCarron brings a six-game point streak and five-game goal streak into tonight's game. He also leads the 'Blades in scoring with 53 points on the season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 10, 2018
- Mavs Fall in OT at Idaho, 3-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Williams Blanks Thunder, 3-0 - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Fall in Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Milner Shuts out Gladiators on Pink in the Rink Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits Tripped up by Solar Bears - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oilers Blank Wichita on Alzheimer's Awareness Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Fuel Roar Back for Overtime Victory in Kalamazoo - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Rebound to Sink Admirals 4-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- Mackenzie's Late Game Heroics Boost EverbladesPast IceMen 3-2 - Florida Everblades
- Wings Earn Point in Overtime Loss to Fuel - Kalamazoo Wings
- 'Blades Edge IceMen with Late Goal - Jacksonville IceMen
- Nailers Welcome Sellout Crowd on Pittsburgh Penguins Night - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Hold off Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Three Straight Goals Doom Norfolk as Admirals Fall 4-1 - Norfolk Admirals
- Stingrays Blank Gladiators 5-0 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Five-Goal Run Spurs Royals to 6-3 Win in Front of Wheeling Sell-Out Crowd - Reading Royals
- Josephs, Nailers Jump for Joy in Overtime Win - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - March 10 - ECHL
- Game Day: Admirals Roll into Glens Falls to Face Thunder - Norfolk Admirals
- Playoff Implications Big in Weekend Set vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Salute Heroes of the Upstate Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Physical Forward Brennan Saulnier Signed to ATO - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nowick Recalled by Stockton Heat - Kansas City Mavericks
- De Jong Returns to San Antonio - Colorado Eagles
- IceMen Close out Homestand against Florida - Jacksonville IceMen
- Nailers vs. Royals Game Day Snap Shot, March 10 - Wheeling Nailers
- Gameday - Adirondack (33-21-3-3) vs. Norfolk (23-31-5-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Gameday Report: Mavericks at Steelheads (Game II) - Kansas City Mavericks
- Walleye Clinch Playoff Spot - Toledo Walleye
- Royals Hit Final Game of Road Trip at Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Fall in Shootout; Unbeaten in Ten-Straight - Utah Grizzlies
- Americans Win Second Straight Shootout Game, 5-4 over Utah - Allen Americans
- Rush Gain Point in Shootout Loss - Rapid City Rush
- Ully Overtime Winner Completes Comeback against KC - Idaho Steelheads
- Eagles Rally for a 4-3 Shootout Win over Rapid City - Colorado Eagles
- Donaghey Scores Twice as Beast Down Norfolk - Brampton Beast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.