Hunter Fejes Signs with Solar Bears for 2018-19
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have agreed to terms with forward Hunter Fejes for the 2018-19 season.
Fejes (FEE-jiss), 24, joins Orlando following a brief stint in training camp with the Manitoba Moose of the AHL. Fejes returns for his first full season with the Solar Bears, after he was acquired on Jan. 2 from the Wheeling Nailers in exchange for Chris Francis, Michael Turner and a future consideration. In 35 regular season games with Orlando, the 6-foot-1, 192-pound forward recorded 32 points (14g-18a) and 47 penalty minutes.
Following his acquisition, the Solar Bears posted a 20-12-2-1 record with Fejes in the lineup, and a 10-0-0-0 record when he scored at least one goal. Fejes' 32 points also led Orlando in scoring after his arrival.
In the 2018 postseason, Fejes led the Solar Bears in playoff scoring, notching nine points (3g-6a) and seven penalty minutes in nine matches as Orlando advanced to the second round of the Kelly Cup Playoffs for the first time in franchise history. Two of his playoff goals were also game-winners.
In 148 career pro games, the Anchorage, Alaska native has collected 102 points (49g-53a) and 128 penalty minutes.
Prior to turning pro, Fejes played at Colorado College for four seasons, amassing 56 points (26g-30a) and 95 penalty minutes in 138 games with the Tigers program.
Fejes was a sixth-round selection of the Phoenix Coyotes (#178 overall) in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Home Preseason Game at RDV on Thursday:
The Solar Bears will host a preseason game against the South Carolina Stingrays on Thursday, Oct. 4 at 12:30 p.m. at the RDV Sportsplex Ice Den. Attendees will have the opportunity to give back to the Central Florida Hockey Club. While admission to the game is free, the Solar Bears will be accepting donations at the door to benefit CFHC. During the game, fans will also have the opportunity to bid on a Tampa Bay Lightning Ultimate Experience Package that includes a meet-and-greet with Hockey Hall of Famer Dave Andreychuk and much more to benefit the CFHC.
Fans who are unable to attend Thursday's preseason game can still watch for free on DSPNLive.com.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale. Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 3, 2018
- Mavs Intrasquad Scrimmage Sees Team Black Win in a Shootout - Kansas City Mavericks
- Hunter Fejes Signs with Solar Bears for 2018-19 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - October 3 - ECHL
- Defenseman Kelly Summers Added to Thunder Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Solar Bears Announce 2018-19 Promotional Schedule - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rockford Assigns Goaltender Matt Tomkins to Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Warrior Hockey Named "Official Protective Wear Provider of the ECHL" - ECHL
- Toss a Tomato, Win Some Dough - Maine Mariners
- Admirals Acquire Forward Jake Wood - Norfolk Admirals
- Details for Home Intrasquad Preseason Game Announced - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Agree to Terms with Forward Adam Gilmour - Florida Everblades
- High-Scoring Krushelnyski Loaned to Royals - Reading Royals
- Join Us Tomorrow for a Free Preseason Game at RDV - Orlando Solar Bears
- Comets Assign Three More to Kalamazoo, Two Others Return from Camp - Kalamazoo Wings
- Grizzlies Add Herbert and Anderson to Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Monarchs Announce Training Camp Roster - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.