Admirals Acquire Forward Jake Wood
NORFOLK, VA - The Norfolk Admirals, ECHL affiliate of the Arizona Coyotes, announced Wednesday that the team has acquired forward Jake Wood off of waivers.
Wood, 25, joins the Admirals after recording four points (1g, 3a) in 19 games played with the Manchester Monarchs last season. In addition, Wood also appeared in 17 games with the Fayetteville Marksmen (SPHL) logging a balanced six points (3g, 3a). The 5-8, 172-pound forward totaled 30 points (15g, 15a) with 213 penalty minutes in 121 games during his four-year collegiate career at R.I.T. from 2013-2017.
The Admirals open their 30th Anniversary Season on October 13 at home against the Wheeling Nailers. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m. Full and partial season ticket plans are now available by visiting NorfolkAdmirals.com or by calling the Admirals office at (757) 640-1212.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 3, 2018
- Mavs Intrasquad Scrimmage Sees Team Black Win in a Shootout - Kansas City Mavericks
- Hunter Fejes Signs with Solar Bears for 2018-19 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - October 3 - ECHL
- Defenseman Kelly Summers Added to Thunder Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Solar Bears Announce 2018-19 Promotional Schedule - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rockford Assigns Goaltender Matt Tomkins to Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Warrior Hockey Named "Official Protective Wear Provider of the ECHL" - ECHL
- Toss a Tomato, Win Some Dough - Maine Mariners
- Admirals Acquire Forward Jake Wood - Norfolk Admirals
- Details for Home Intrasquad Preseason Game Announced - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Agree to Terms with Forward Adam Gilmour - Florida Everblades
- High-Scoring Krushelnyski Loaned to Royals - Reading Royals
- Join Us Tomorrow for a Free Preseason Game at RDV - Orlando Solar Bears
- Comets Assign Three More to Kalamazoo, Two Others Return from Camp - Kalamazoo Wings
- Grizzlies Add Herbert and Anderson to Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Monarchs Announce Training Camp Roster - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.