Hoffman in Control Again as Isotopes Defeat Grizzlies 5-3
Isotopes 5 (20-17), Grizzlies 3 (18-18) - Chukchansi Park, Fresno, Calif.
TOEING THE RUBBER: Starting pitcher Jeff Hoffman earned his third straight victory, limiting the Grizzlies to two runs and four hits in 5.2 innings. The right-hander compiled 10 strikeouts and two walks. Hoffman became the first Isotope to strike out at least 10 batters in back-to-back games since James McDonald accomplished the feat on June 8 and June 14, 2009 ... Lefties Chris Rusin and Jake McGee both made rehab appearances on Saturday. Rusin tossed 1.1 scoreless frames while McGee allowed one run and two hits in 1.0 inning ... James Pazos picked up his first save of the season.
AT THE DISH: The Isotopes tallied 13 hits led by Josh Fuentes with three ... Roberto Ramos hit his seventh home run of the season in the third inning, a three-run shot to put Albuquerque ahead 3-1 ... The Isotopes other two runs came in the eighth on Sam Hilliard's triple and Elliot Soto's pinch-hit single.
TOPES TIDBITS: Hoffman is seven strikeouts from tying the Isotopes all-time record of 320 established by John Ely ... Saturday's game was the first time Albuquerque has played a Nationals affiliate since 2006, when New Orleans was Washington's Triple-A club. Fresno is in its first season affiliated with the Nationals.
ON DECK: Albuquerque Isotopes at Fresno Grizzlies, 2:05 p.m. MT - Chukchansi Park
PROBABLES: Isotopes: RHP Chi Chi Gonzalez (2-2, 8.40), Grizzles: RHP Kyle McGowin (3-2, 5.00)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 12, 2019
- Mother's Day Spoiled by Salt Lake Homers - Reno Aces
- Payton's Grand Slam Not Enough to Lift Aviators Past Rainiers - Las Vegas Aviators
- Quiala stifles Chihuahuas for Motherâ??s Day victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizz Shutout 'Topes on Motherâ??s Day - Fresno Grizzlies
- O'Neill Homers Again in 7-2 Redbirds Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento Tops El Paso, 6-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Isotopes Blanked by Grizzlies 3-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Club Three Home Runs, Score Double-Digits in Victory at Las Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Drop Third Straight on Mother's Day - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Can't Find Big Hit in Round Rock - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Emerge Victorious in Fifth Consecutive Game - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Get "Passed" Missions - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Overcome Bullpen Woes to Win in 10 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- I-Cubs Fall in Sunday Matinee - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (12-23) vs. Memphis Redbirds (19-17) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (19-17) vs Nashville Sounds (12-23) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 12, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Isotopes inch past Grizzlies 5-3 despite Gushue going 3-for-3 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Stay Hot on the Road - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Hold on to Knock off Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Hoffman in Control Again as Isotopes Defeat Grizzlies 5-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Yastrzemski's big night not enough to slow El Paso - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Albuquerque Isotopes Stories
- Mariachis Hit High Note as Greatest Gorra
- Mariachis Advance to Championship Round of #GreatestGora
- Isotopes to Host "A Speech of Their OwnÃ¢ÂÂ Initiative
- Isotopes/Mariachis Join Minor League Baseball's "Greatest Gorra" Cap Competition
- Isotopes "Stadium Memories" Series to Air on TV, Radio and Facebook Live