Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (12-23) vs. Memphis Redbirds (19-17)
Game #36: Nashville Sounds (12-23) vs. Memphis Redbirds (19-17)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Tim Dillard (1-1, 4.97) vs. RHP Anthony Shew (1-0, 0.00)
First Pitch: 2:05 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
Dillard's Strikeout Watch: Tim Dillard added another strikeout Tuesday night to bring his season total to 13. He has 347 in his Nashville Sounds career and is 5 shy of tying Jamie Werly's all-time franchise record of 352. Dillard recorded his franchise-leading 40th win of the year in his productive effort (6 IP, 4 H, 0 R) against the Oklahoma City Dodgers on May 7.
Streaking Willie: With his two-run homer Saturday night, Willie Calhoun has hit safely in 12 consecutive games for the Sounds and currently owns the longest active streak in the Pacific Coast League. During the 12-game streak, he's hitting .353 (14-for-41) with 8 runs, 2 doubles, 5 home runs, 12 RBI and 11 walks.
Day Games: The remaining three games of the Nashville/Memphis series will be day games. Overall, the Sounds are 4-6 in day games. Nashville is hitting .238 in such games, with Eli White and Zack Granite excelling. White is hitting .370 in 8 games with 6 runs, 4 doubles, a triple, and a home run while Granite is hitting .344 in nine games with 7 runs and two doubles. Nashville's pitching staff has struggled, allowing a 7.20 ERA and a .301 batting average.
Walk the Line: Four Nashville Sounds' hitters recorded two walks Saturday night: Willie Calhoun, Matt Davidson, Andy Ibáñez and Patrick Wisdom. The Sounds had 9 total walks, one shy of there season-high from when they walked 10 times at Iowa on April 26. Memphis has walked the third-most batters in the Pacific Coast league at 158 bases on balls.
Hitmen: Last night, Phillips Valdez hit three Memphis hitters in the first three innings of the game. That now totals 11 hit batsmen against the Redbirds this season. In the series finale at First Tennessee Park, Valdez hit two batters. In game one of a doubleheader on May 5, the Sounds tied a Pacific Coast League record by hitting five batters, four by Yoel Espinal and one by Joe Kuzia.
What's the word around Nashville?
Nashville Sounds (@nashvillesounds)
Happy Mother's Day from our family to yours! #HappyMothersDay2019
Memphis Redbirds (@memphisredbirds)
Awesome welcoming back @PatrickWisdom5 to @AutoZone_Park and giving him some new bling!
Thanks for your contributions to the 2018 @TripleABaseball National Champions and for everything you did in @CityOfMemphis
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 12, 2019
- Mother's Day Spoiled by Salt Lake Homers - Reno Aces
- Payton's Grand Slam Not Enough to Lift Aviators Past Rainiers - Las Vegas Aviators
- Quiala stifles Chihuahuas for Motherâ??s Day victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizz Shutout 'Topes on Motherâ??s Day - Fresno Grizzlies
- O'Neill Homers Again in 7-2 Redbirds Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento Tops El Paso, 6-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Isotopes Blanked by Grizzlies 3-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Club Three Home Runs, Score Double-Digits in Victory at Las Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Drop Third Straight on Mother's Day - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Can't Find Big Hit in Round Rock - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Emerge Victorious in Fifth Consecutive Game - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Get "Passed" Missions - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Overcome Bullpen Woes to Win in 10 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- I-Cubs Fall in Sunday Matinee - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (12-23) vs. Memphis Redbirds (19-17) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (19-17) vs Nashville Sounds (12-23) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 12, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Isotopes inch past Grizzlies 5-3 despite Gushue going 3-for-3 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Stay Hot on the Road - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Hold on to Knock off Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Hoffman in Control Again as Isotopes Defeat Grizzlies 5-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Yastrzemski's big night not enough to slow El Paso - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- March 17 and March 24 Vanderbilt Baseball Games Cancelled at First Horizon Park
- Nashville Sounds and First Horizon Park Business Operations Update
- Sounds Donate $100,000 to Music City Inc. to Help Aid Tornado Relief
- Nashville Sounds Announce Continued Tornado Recovery Efforts
- Nashville Sounds Baseball Club and First Horizon Park