Grizz Shutout 'Topes on Motherâ??s Day
Fresno, California - The Fresno Grizzlies (19-18) downed the Albuquerque Isotopes (20-18) 3-0 on Mother's Day at Chukchansi Park. For the third time this season, the Fresno pitching staff enjoyed a shutout. All three instances, starter Kyle McGowin (4-2, win) took the hill. He finished the day going five and two-thirds innings, allowing a hit and walk while fanning 11. The 11 strikeouts tied a career-high and was also a Grizzlies' season-high. Dakota Bacus and Vidal Nuno III (save, 2) followed suit, combining to punch out five more Isotopes.
Fresno scored a run in the first, second and fourth frames. Raudy Read was the contributor in the second, blasting a solo shot to left-center field. It was his fourth of the year. Matt Reynolds picked up the other RBI, a single in the fourth, plating Jacob Wilson. Both players reached base three times while Wilson expanded the current team-high hit streak to 10 games. He is the second Grizzlies player (Taylor Gushue, 11) to do so.
Brian Mundell recorded two of the four Albuquerque hits. Elliot Soto and Dom Nunez supplied the other pair. Chi Chi Gonzalez (2-3) suffered the loss after five innings of work. Former Grizzly Evan Grills added three frames of solid relief for the Isotopes.
Top Performers: Fresno Grizzlies (Washington Nationals)
- RHP Kyle McGowin (5.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 11 K)
- C Raudy Read (2-4, HR, 2B, RBI, R)
- CF Matt Reynolds (2-2, 2B, RBI, BB)
- 3B Jacob Wilson (1-2, R, 2 BB)
Top Performers: Albuquerque Isotopes (Colorado Rockies)
- LF Brian Mundell (2-4)
- SS Elliot Soto (1-3, 2B)
- C Dom Nunez (1-3, 2B)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) RADIO/TV
Monday May 13 Albuquerque Isotopes (Home) RHP Scott Copeland (Fresno) vs. RHP Peter Lambert (Albuquerque) 6:35 p.m. KRDU 1130 AM / MiLB.TV
ON THAT FRES-NOTE: Jacob Wilson owns the Grizzlies' current team-high hit streak at 10 games. In that span, he is 18-for-39 with eight extra-base hits, 11 RBI, eight runs and nine walks. He leads the team with 12 homers.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 12, 2019
- Mother's Day Spoiled by Salt Lake Homers - Reno Aces
- Payton's Grand Slam Not Enough to Lift Aviators Past Rainiers - Las Vegas Aviators
- Quiala stifles Chihuahuas for Motherâ??s Day victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizz Shutout 'Topes on Motherâ??s Day - Fresno Grizzlies
- O'Neill Homers Again in 7-2 Redbirds Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento Tops El Paso, 6-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Isotopes Blanked by Grizzlies 3-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Club Three Home Runs, Score Double-Digits in Victory at Las Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Drop Third Straight on Mother's Day - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Can't Find Big Hit in Round Rock - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Emerge Victorious in Fifth Consecutive Game - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Get "Passed" Missions - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Overcome Bullpen Woes to Win in 10 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- I-Cubs Fall in Sunday Matinee - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (12-23) vs. Memphis Redbirds (19-17) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (19-17) vs Nashville Sounds (12-23) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 12, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Isotopes inch past Grizzlies 5-3 despite Gushue going 3-for-3 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Stay Hot on the Road - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Hold on to Knock off Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Hoffman in Control Again as Isotopes Defeat Grizzlies 5-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Yastrzemski's big night not enough to slow El Paso - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Fresno drops rubber match to Iowa 7-2
- Cubs bear crawl past Grizzlies 3-2 Thursday night
- Grizzlies slash seven doubles in 7-6 victory over Cubs
- Oklahoma City dodges sweep, outlasts Fresno 6-5 on Monday
- Fresno Grizzlies (and "Lowriders de Fresno") Return Home for 7 Games, June 12-18