Hirano Earns AHL Call-Up
Cincinnati, OH - The Cyclones success of developing players for the next level continues with its leading scorer, Yushiroh Hirano, getting called-up to the AHL's Abbotsford Canucks; affiliate for NHL-Vancouver.
- Hirano, 26, becomes the 11th player from Cincinnati this season to get called-up to the American Hockey League.
- The Tomakomai, Japan native leads the Cyclones in goals (16), points (29), and power play goals (7). Hirano's goal totals and power play goal totals seat him in a tie for first across all ECHL skaters.
- Yushiroh came to the Cyclones following two seasons with the Wheeling Nailers. The power forward did not play during the 2020-21 ECHL season, but returned to North America in October to begin the new season in Cincinnati. Hirano's best night as a Cyclone to date came December 8th, when he scored a hat trick as part of a five point performance in a 6-5 win over the Nailers. Hirano became the second Japanese-born player in ECHL history to record a hat trick and the first to do so since 2003.
- Hirano's call-up to the AHL is the second of his career and first since April 2019, when he was called up for one game with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. On April 14th of that year, Hirano made his AHL debut, becoming the first ever Japanese-born player to skate in the AHL. He tallied an assist in his lone game with the Penguins.
Stay tuned all season for updates on important events, player signings, promotion and ticketing information and MORE! Call (513) 421-PUCK for tickets and more information, and stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 5, 2022
- Walleye Score Early and Often to Down Fort Wayne, 7-2 - Toledo Walleye
- Icemen Forward Craig Martin Named ECHL Player of the Month - Jacksonville Icemen
- Steelheads Acquire Forward Mason Mitchell from Cincinnati - Idaho Steelheads
- Samantha Roth Selected as Pizza Hut Teacher of the Month for December - Orlando Solar Bears
- Hirano Earns AHL Call-Up - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rodrigue Assigned to Wichita; Thunder Adds Forward Thomson - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - January 5 - ECHL
- Mike Lee Returns from PTO with Hartford - Indy Fuel
- Gladiators Renew Scholarship for Gwinnett Public Schools - Atlanta Gladiators
- Jacksonville's Martin Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Forward Vladislav Mikhalchuk Returns to JAX from AHL Hershey - Jacksonville Icemen
- Kyle Topping Recalled by Barracuda - Orlando Solar Bears
- Jack Doremus Named Howies Hockey Tape ECHL Rookie of the Month for December - Tulsa Oilers
- Tulsa's Doremus Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Johnson Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Florida Everblades
- Lightning Reassign Miftakhov to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Gameday: Rivalry Renewed in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Ryan Bednard Reassigned to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Billy Christopoulos Named ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Christopoulos Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Former Oiler Bryce Kindopp Makes NHL Debut for Anaheim Ducks - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.